OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Media Release: January 28 – February 1, 2019
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Alfred Kesseh – 19CR0237 (Rape in the First Degree, Robbery in the First Degree [3 counts], Burglary in the First Degree [3 counts], Burglary in the Second Degree [6 counts], and Theft by Unlawful Taking [7 counts])
- Mr. Kesseh (DOB 09/06/97) was indicted for Rape in the First Degree, and multiple counts of Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree, Burglary in the Second Degree and Theft by Unlawful Taking for incidents that occurred in December of 2018 and January of 2019 in apartment buildings around the University of Louisville campus. He was arraigned on Monday, January 28, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Upon indictment, the defendant’s bond was set by the Grand Jury at $500,000. The defendant’s bond will be reviewed by the presiding judge at a bond hearing scheduled for February 1, 2019 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. A first pretrial conference is scheduled for March 18, 2019 at 8:30 a.m. in that same division. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Amanda Nicole Needy – 18CR3594 (Murder [Complicity])
- Ms. Needy (DOB 06/04/1990) is charged in connection with the February 17, 2017, murder of Nicholas Morris at 1201 Payne Street outside Ciao Ristorante. She was arraigned on the above charge on December 17, 2019. Her bond is currently set at $75,000. A first pretrial conference is scheduled for January 31, 2019 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kaleb Noblett is the prosecutor.
Timothy Shane Singer – 17CR0581 (Murder [Complicity], Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Singer (DOB 03/01/94) is charged with the February 17, 2017 murder of Nicholas Morris outside Ciao Ristorante located at 1201 Payne Street. Mr. Singer was the first of two individuals charged in connection to the murder. A pretrial conference is scheduled for January 31, 2019 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kaleb Noblett is the prosecutor.
Robert Lester – 17CR3354 (Sodomy in the First Degree, Assault in the first Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Lester (DOB 11/08/00) entered a guilty plea on October 30, 2018 to Sodomy in the First Degree, Assault in the First Degree and Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree. These offenses occurred on March 7, 2017, when the Defendant was a resident at Boys Haven and attacked an employee of the facility. The recommended sentence for the Defendant is nineteen (19) years in prison. The Defendant will be formally sentenced on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Kenneth Mattingly – 18CR1495 (Assault in the First Degree [6 counts], Assault in the Second Degree [2 counts], Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, and Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Mattingly (DOB 07/20/86) is charged in connection with a shooting which occurred on March 17, 2018 at Cole’s Place nightclub located at 2928 West Kentucky Street. During a physical altercation inside the nightclub, the defendant produced a handgun and fired at least eight shots, striking six victims. The defendant was able to be identified via video surveillance. A Jury Trial is scheduled to begin on January 29, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Doug Meisel and Andrew Reinhardt are the prosecutors.
Tilibra Nicole Cherry and Eltaka A. Moore – 17CR1226 (Murder [Complicity], Assault in the First Degree [Complicity])
- Ms. Cherry (DOB 10/24/88) and Ms. Moore (DOB 05/03/71), mother and daughter, are charged with the April 16, 2017 Murder of Ta’nea Woods and assault of another victim. The defendants arrived at the home of one of the victims, armed with a baseball bat and a handgun. Upon arrival, the defendant began defacing property belonging to the victims. When confronted by the victims, the defendants struck Ms. Woods with the baseball bat and shot her, killing her. As the other victim was running away from the shooting, she too was shot in the stomach. A Jury Trial is ongoing in Division 4 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Josh Porter and Andrew Miller are the prosecutors.