OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Media Release: June 24 – July 5, 2019
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Lemar Montgomery A.K.A CEO Boogie, A.K.A. Hank God – 18CR2312 (Aggravated Trafficking in The First Degree Schedule 1 Heroin – One Hundred Grams or More, Aggravated Trafficking in The First Degree Schedule 1 Fentanyl Twenty Eight Grams or More, Illegal Possession of Drug Paraphernalia)
- On June 18, 2019, in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court, Mr. Montgomery (DOB 09/14/82) was sentenced to 15 years in prison for trafficking 200 grams of a Heroin and Fentanyl mixture. Ebert Haegele was the prosecutor.
Reco Smith – 19CR1724 (Murder, Assault in the First Degree [3 counts], Receiving Stolen Property over $10,000, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [2 counts], Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree [Motor Vehicle])
- On December 22, 2018, Mr. Smith (DOB 11/13/01) was operating a stolen vehicle containing four other occupants who ranged in age from 13 years old to 18 years old. Officers attempted to stop the vehicle while traveling southbound on I-65. Mr. Smith refused to yield and accelerated the vehicle. He continued to take evasive driving measures in an effort to flee from police until his actions resulted in two police vehicles crashing, causing serious physical injury to those officers. Mr. Smith continued driving and exited on to eastbound Fern Valley Road before crashing the vehicle in the 3300 block. One passenger, Ki’Anthony Tyus (13 years old) was declared deceased on scene as a result of injuries sustained from the crash. Another passenger suffered serious physical injury, and two others received minor injuries. Mr. Smith is scheduled to be arraigned on June 24, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 4 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
Tashunka Wakan Wakiyanto Campbell – 19CR1608 (Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree[2 Counts], Terroristic Threatening 2nd Degree, Menacing)
- Mr. Campbell (DOB 03/01/01) is charged in connection with firing firearms in the direction of another and in the air in a residential area on or around April 11, 2019; and making threatening statements about having a gun on school property on or around April 12, 2019. The defendant was arraigned on Monday, June 17, 2019. A bond hearing is scheduled for July 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. A first Pretrial Conference is scheduled for July 31, 2019 at 9:45 a.m. also in Division 10. Michelle Fox is the prosecutor.
Charles Lamar Richardson – 15CR1542 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Richardson (DOB 05/02/83) was convicted at trial in April of stabbing 74-year-old Paul Cason in the neck, inside the Shell Station at 1123 South Floyd Street on May 31, 2015, thereby killing him and robbing him of cash and/or lottery tickets. The Jury recommended a sentence of Life without Parole for 25 years on the Murder charge and 30 years on the Robbery charge, to run consecutive. Formal sentencing is scheduled for Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at 8:30 a.m. in Division 3. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Charles A. Webb – 18CR2097 (Assault in the Second Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Terroristic Threatening in the Third Degree)
- Mr. Webb (DOB 07/18/58) is charged with the May 27, 2018 Assault and strangulation of his wife. On May 15, 2019, Mr. Webb entered a guilty plea to the above charges and formal sentencing is scheduled for Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.