From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Media Release: October 1 – 5, 2018
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Don Demartino Ezell – 17CR2757 (Assault in the Second Degree, Criminal Attempt Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon)
- On August 25, 2017, Mr. Cory Woods headed to the barber shop by walking down the 300 block of Roland Street between South Preston and Floyd Streets, when a white Dodge Durango (which had recently been stolen) approached from the other direction, and the driver fired shots, including one that went through the bone of Mr. Woods’ leg, seriously injuring him. Mr. Woods identified Mr. Ezell (DOB 04/20/95) as the person who fired a handgun out of the window of the vehicle. Mr. Ezell pled guilty to the above charges on September 24, 2018 in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court and was sentenced to 14 years in prison. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Syed Joseph Ali – 16CR2004 (Sexual Abuse in the First Degree, Distribution of Obscene Matter to a Minor)
- Mr. Ali (DOB 07/24/75) is charged with having sexual contact with the victim, and showing her anime pornography. The victim was four years old at the time. A Jury Trial began on September 18, 2018 in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court and Mr. Ali’s recommended sentence was 5 years. As a requirement of his sentence, the defendant must register as a sex offender for 20 years. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Robert Lee Allen Hutchinson, Jr. – 18CR2776 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Abuse of a Corpse, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Hutchinson (DOB 04/08/1983) is charged with the murder of his girlfriend, Megan Hough, on September 12, 2018. The defendant beat the victim to death in his mother’s home and afterward placed her deceased body in a trashcan, along with the weapon used. Witnesses observed the defendant leaving the scene of the crime just before the victim’s body was found. The defendant admitted to police that he and the victim entered the house together and were the only ones in the house at the time she was murdered. On September 21, 2018, the defendant pled not guilty at his arraignment. A pretrial conference is scheduled for October 19, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Sheri Wornall is the prosecutor.
Dimitri Harris aka Dimetri Harris, aka Demitri Harris, 18CR2863 (Criminal Attempt Murder—Police Officer)
- Mr. Harris (DOB 11/07/92) is charged with shooting at and attempting to kill LMPD Officer Brad Shouse on June 21, 2017. Arraignment has already occurred and a pretrial conference is scheduled for October 31, 2018, at 8:30 a.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryane Conroy is the prosecutor.
James Travis Green, 18CR2885 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Receiving Stolen Firearm, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [2 Counts], Tampering With Physical Evidence, Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree (Alprazolam), Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance (Marijuana), Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Green (DOB 06/19/96) is charged in connection with the September 9, 2018, shooting death of Mr. Jacob Skees on Hackel Drive in Louisville, Kentucky. Mr. Green was arraigned on September 28, 2018, and a pre-trial conference was scheduled for November 7, 2018, at 10:30AM in Division 5 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Christopher Dresing – 18CR0883 (Distribution of Matter Portraying Sexual Performance by a Minor)
- Mr. Dresing (DOB 04/02/84) is a former University of Louisville employee charged with distributing child pornography. Mr. Dresing, formerly employed in the Ekstrom Library on the University of Louisville campus, is believed to have distributed hundreds of images containing child pornography throughout the country. A pretrial conference is scheduled for October 2, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Conrai Andre Kaballah and Ricardo Delquan Taylor – 16CR0480 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Sodomy in the First Degree and Tampering with Physical Evidence [Taylor Only], and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Defendants Kaballah (DOB 02/01/90), and Taylor (DOB 11/18/87), were convicted at trial of the November 13, 2014, assault of Cedric Weaver who was an inmate at Louisville Metro Department of Corrections at the time of the assault. The attack, in which the defendants punched and kicked and jumped on Mr. Weaver, and in which defendant Taylor sodomized him with a toilet brush, caused long-term and probable permanent brain injury to Mr. Weaver. The jury recommended life sentences for both defendants. By operation of law, the sentences will run concurrently with the life sentences they are already serving for murder(s). Formal sentencing is scheduled for October 5, 2018, at 1:30 in Division One. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Antonio Chandler – 17CR1762 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr. Chandler (DOB _ is charged with the stabbing and attempted murder of his victim on April 4, 2017. The defendant targeted the victim, stabbing him multiple times, in retaliation for a previous encounter between the victim and the defendant’s girlfriend. A Jury Trial is scheduled to begin on October 1, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in Division 4 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Doug Meisel is the prosecutor.