From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Media Release: August 6 – August 10, 2018
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Bashar Muhieddin Ghazawi – 18CR2259 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Escape in the Second Degree, Fleeing or Evading Police in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Ghazawi (DOB 08/04/83) is charged with the Murder of his wife, Noor Ghazawi. Mr. Ghazawi has been arraigned on these charges and a bond hearing is scheduled to be heard on August 21, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Chad Autry – 17CR3118 (Robbery First Degree, Attempted Kidnapping, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance While in Possession of a Firearm.)
- On September 16, 2017, Mr. Autry (DOB 10/10/79) entered Wide Open Powersports located at 8633 Preston Highway armed with a handgun. The Defendant pointed the handgun at the victim/employee and demanded tools from the business. After obtaining the property from the business, the Defendant demanded that the victim get into the victim’s vehicle, with him. During the altercation, the victim retrieved a handgun, which is kept at the business, and fired three shots at the Defendant striking the Defendant one time. The Defendant immediately fell to the ground and the victim secured the Defendant’s handgun. The victim held the Defendant at gunpoint while he dialed 911 and until police arrived. The Defendant was taken into custody when police arrived on scene. The Defendant was transported to U of L Hospital. During the scene investigation, a loaded black Ruger LCP .380 caliber pistol, a skull mask, electrical tape, a black folding knife, a small baggie of meth, a small baggie of Clonazepam, a schedule IV narcotic, were found in the Defendant’s possession. On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court, the defendant was sentenced to serve 20 years after entering a guilty plea to the above charges. Critt Cunningham is the prosecutor.
Christopher Cruz Olivo – 18CR0202 (Murder [three counts], Kidnapping, Criminal Abuse in the First Degree [two counts], Tampering with Physical Evidence, Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree [two counts])
- Mr. Olivo (DOB 08/04/71) is charged with the shooting death of his longtime girlfriend, Geneva Miles, and her brother and sister-in-law, Michael and Catherine Miles, in their home. Present during the Murders were Michael and Catherine’s two young children, and the young child the defendant shared with Geneva Miles. After the shootings, Mr. Olivo fled to Florida with his daughter, leaving the other two young children in the home with their deceased parents. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 8, 2018 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Frank N. Britt Jr. – 17CR0204 (Assault in the Second Degree, Criminal Attempt Rape in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Sexual Abuse in the Third Degree)
- Mr. Britt (DOB 01/14/91) is charged with the assault and attempted rape of his former girlfriend. In the course of the assault, the defendant strangled his victim, stabbed her in the neck, groped her breast, and attempted to rape her. A jury trial is scheduled to begin on Monday, August 6, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Sheri Wornall is the prosecutor.
Guy Allen and Eugene Mitchell – 14CR0114 (Murder [Capital], Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree)
- Mr. Allen (DOB 09/13/77) and Mr. Mitchell (DOB 12/17/57) are charged with the sexual assault and murder of Sheila Devine that occurred on November 12, 2013. This matter is scheduled for jury trial, beginning with individual voir dire or jurors, on Friday, August 10, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Kristi Gray and Critt Cunningham are the prosecutors.