From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Media Release: July 2 – July 13, 2018
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Conrai Andre Kaballah and Ricardo Delquan Taylor – 16CR0480 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree [Taylor only], Tampering with Physical Evidence [Taylor only])
- Mr. Kaballah (DOB 02/01/90) and Mr. Taylor (DOB 11/18/87) were charged with the November 13, 2014, assault of Cedric Weaver who was an inmate at Louisville Metro Department of Corrections at the time of the assault. A jury trial began on Tuesday, June 26, 2018. At the time the trial was scheduled to begin, 7 co-defendants elected to enter guilty pleas before proceeding to trial. On Tuesday, July 3, 2018, the jury found the defendants guilty of the above charges and on July 5th, the jury recommended a sentence of Life in prison for defendant Kaballah and two Life sentences in prison plus 20 years for defendant Taylor. Defendant Kaballah is already serving a Life sentence for Murder and Defendant Taylor is currently serving two Life sentences for Murder. Their recent convictions will run consecutive to their existing sentences, for a total of two and four Life sentences plus 20 years, respectively. Final Sentencing is scheduled for September 21, 2018 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Kaleb Noblett are the prosecutors.
Salem Nagdy – 16CR3353 (Kidnapping, Assault in the First Degree, Stalking in the First Degree, Eavesdropping)
- Mr. Nagdy (DOB 01/23/71) was charged with the Kidnapping and Assault of his ex-wife. Throughout the assault, the defendant restrained the victim and struck her in the head requiring 86 staples. Prior to the assault the defendant had stalked and recorded his former wife’s conversations. A jury trial began on June 18, 2018 and on June 25, the defendant was convicted of the above charges. The jury recommended a sentence of 31 years in prison. Final Sentencing is scheduled for August 10, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Chris Foster and Danielle Yannelli are the prosecutors.
Norman E. Dick IV – 18CR1888 (Criminal Attempt Murder [6 counts], Wanton Endangerment I [6 counts], Violation of a Protective Order)
- Mr. Dick (DOB 06/09/81) is charged with multiple shootings into moving, occupied vehicles that occurred in eastern Jefferson County on November 8, 2016. His arraignment is scheduled for Monday, July 9, 2018, at 1:30 p.m. in Jefferson Circuit Court Division 9. Kaleb Noblett is the prosecutor.
Reginald Burns– 18CR1788 (Complicity to Murder, Complicity to Receiving Stolen Firearm)
- Mr. Burns (DOB 04/16/92) is charged in complicity with the shooting death of Glenn Browning in the 600 block of S. 39th Street on April 26, 2018. A bond hearing is scheduled for July 6, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
Bobby Odom– 18CR1352 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Violation of a Protective Order, and Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Odom (DOB 02/27/81) is charged with the murder of his neighbor, Christopher Deweese, on January 28, 2018. Mr. Odom shot Mr. Deweese once in the head during an argument over a noise complaint. Mr. Deweese died three days later at the University of Louisville Hospital. After the shooting, Mr. Odom fled to Indiana where he was apprehended approximately one month later. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled for July 10, 2018 at 9:30 in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
Darryl Collier – 17CR1878 (Robbery in the First Degree, Robbery in the Second Degree, Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Collier (DOB 10/07/1968) is charged in connection with two robberies occurring on June 14 and 15, 2017. Both robberies occurred near the University of Louisville during early morning hours. A pretrial conference and bond hearing are scheduled for July 11, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Montiest Barney– 17CR2077 (Robbery in the First Degree [2 counts])
- Mr. Barney (DOB 01/18/92) is charged with the armed robbery of the Game Stop located at 13100 Shelbyville Road on June 29, 2017. This robbery was committed during a spree of Game Stop robberies in Nicholasville, KY, Bowling Green, KY, South Bend, IN, Mt. Juliet, TN, and Middletown, OH. Mr. Barney was arrested while fleeing the scene of his last robbery in Ohio. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled for July 13, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
Eric Ramsey – 16CR2328 (Rape in the Second Degree [12 counts], Sodomy in the Second Degree [2 counts], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [13 counts])
- Mr. Ramsey (DOB 06/03/85) is charged with the Rape, Sodomy, and Sexual Abuse of the minor child for which he and his wife had custody. The victim, his wife’s young cousin, was 13 at the time the abuse was discovered and reported that the abuse had been occurring for approximately two years. A jury trial is ongoing in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Chris Foster and Sheri Wornall are the prosecutors.