From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Media Release: June 4-June 8, 2018
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Jodie Cecil & Bryan Greenwell – 16CR2034 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Tampering With Physical Evidence)
- Ms. Cecil (DOB 11/21/78) and Mr. Greenwell (DOB 11/17/76) were charged with the shooting death of Jennifer Cain and the attempted murder of Darrell Wilson that occurred on May 13, 2016. A jury trial began May 21, 2018, and on May 25, 2018 both defendants were found guilty on all counts. Mr. Greenwell was a Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree and the jury recommended life in prison. The jury recommended a sentence of 20 years in prison for Ms. Cecil. The case is passed for final sentencing on August 6, 2018 in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin and Corey Taylor are the prosecutors.
Norvin Louis Sprows – 17CR1609 (Assault in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree, Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Sprows (DOB 12/07/76) was charged with the Assault of a former acquaintance. On April 1, 2017, the defendant unlawfully entered the victim’s home and assaulted him with wooden sticks and boards, causing the victim to suffer a global fracture to his face and ultimately lose an eye. A jury found Mr. Sprows guilty of all counts and recommend a sentence of 30 years in prison. On May 31, 2018, at final sentencing, the jury verdict was reduced by Judge Mary Shaw, sentencing Mr. Sprows to 20 years in prison. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Brent Michael Watson, 14CR0797 (Sexual Abuse in the First Degree)
- Mr. Watson (DOB 11/06/94) was found guilty of one count of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree by a jury on April 25, 2018. Final sentencing is scheduled for Wednesday, June 6, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Treyshawn Jones – 15CR0822 (Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree, Assault in the Fourth Degree – Domestic Violence)
- Mr. Jones (DOB 07/04/92) is charged with the forcible rape, sodomy, and assault of the victim on January 14, 2015. A jury trial is scheduled to being on June 6, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Danielle Yannelli and Sheri Wornall are the prosecutors.
Cedric Wells & Roy Stone – 14CR0782 (Murder [Complicity], Assault in the First Degree [Complicity], Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Complicity], Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon [Wells].
- Mr. Wells (DOB 08/05/83) and Mr. Stone (DOB 10/12/92) are charged with the March 16, 2014, shooting death of Ashley Thomas which occurred on Esquire Alley near Indi’s restaurant. Following an evening of birthday celebration on a party bus, friction arose and escalated among the revelers, culminating in a drive-by shooting that left one young woman dead and another injured. A Jury Trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Critt Cunningham and Emily Lantz are the prosecutors.