From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Media Release: June 25-June 29, 2018
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Dominique Hardiman – 17CR3779 (Robbery in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [4 counts], Violation of a Protective Order)
- Mr. Hardiman (DOB 01/29/93) is the subject of an officer-involved shooting on December 13, 2017. On that date, the defendant committed an armed robbery at the Family Dollar Store located at 1234 W. Broadway and fired two shots during the commission of the robbery. The defendant fled the back exit of the store and, still armed with a handgun, ran toward a uniformed police officer. The officer shot the defendant to stop the threat. The defendant was in violation of a Kentucky Domestic Violence Order which prohibited him from being in possession of a firearm. Mr. Hardiman pled guilty to all charges on June 19, 2018, in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Hardiman was sentenced to a total of 10 years in prison. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
Terrence Downs – 16CR3370 (Manslaughter in the First Degree, Possession of Handgun by Convicted Felon, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Downs (DOB 11/20/1992) was charged in relation to the shooting death of Ronnie Reed on December 10, 2016 in the 6000 block of Guardian Court. A jury trial began on June 18, 2018 in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. The jury found Mr. Downs guilty of the above charges and he was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Chad Erdley – 17CR1791 (Murder [Two counts], Assault in the First Degree[Two counts], Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Eleven counts], Criminal Mischief in the First Degree [Two counts], Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Intoxicants – First Offense (aggravating circumstances))
- Mr. Erdley (DOB 07/05/73) is charged in connection to a collision that occurred on January 29, 2017, resulting in fatal injuries to two pedestrians. A pretrial conference is scheduled for June 29, 2018 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Michael Eugene Jenkins, Conrai Andre Kaballah, Tymarius Rashuan Malone, Tyjuan Romel Moody, John Robinson, III, Jody Allen Smith, Ricardo Delquan Taylor, Dashawm Lamont Wright -16CR0480 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree [Crews, Jenkins, Kaballah, Moody, Smith, and Taylor]
- Defendants: Jenkins (DOB 05/02/85), Kaballah, Jr (DOB 02/01/90), Malone (DOB 05/26/94), Moody (DOB 05/29/89), Robinson III (DOB 03/29/95), Smith (DOB 05/31/92), Taylor (11/18/87), Wright (DOB 10/23/91) are charged with the November 13, 2014, assault of Cedric Weaver who was an inmate at Louisville Metro Department of Corrections at the time of the assault. A trial is scheduled to begin Tuesday, June 26, at 9:00 a.m. in Division One of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Kaleb Noblett are the prosecutors.
Salem Nagdy – 16CR3353 (Kidnapping, Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Stalking in the First Degree, Eavesdropping)
- Mr. Nagdy (DOB 01/23/71) is charged with the Kidnapping and Attempted Murder of his ex-wife. Throughout the assault, the defendant restrained the victim and struck her in the head requiring 86 staples. Prior to the assault the defendant had stalked and recorded his former wife’s conversations. A jury trial is ongoing in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Chris Foster and Danielle Yannelli are the prosecutors.