From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
PDF download of this document
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: November 13, 2017 – November 17, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Wathaniel Woods – 17CR0935 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun By Convicted Felon, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree Schedule II Cocaine Less Than Four Grams While in Possession of a Firearm, Illegal Use or Possession of Drug Paraphernalia While in Possession of a Firearm, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, Operating a Motor Vehicle under the Influence of Intoxicants – First Offense (Aggravating Circumstances), Operation of a Motor Vehicle by a Person Whose Operator’s License Has Been Revoked, Suspended, Cancelled or Denied, Disregarding Official Traffic Control Device and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Woods (DOB 03/15/80) is charged as a result of incidents occurring on March 28, 2017 which culminated in Wood’s automobile striking the patrol car of LMPD Officer Nicholas Rodman resulting in fatal injuries to Officer Rodman. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled for November 14, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Justin Janes are the prosecutors.
Jasmine Wade– 16CR0127 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence, and Abuse of a Corpse)
- On July 22, 2015, Ms. Wade (DOB 01/04/00) gave a live birth to a baby girl. The Defendant smothered the victim shortly after her birth causing her death. The Defendant removed the corpse from the crime scene and hid the corpse in her purse. A pre-trial conference is scheduled to be held on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II and Shelly Alvey are the prosecutors.
Trice Alexander Whaley, 15CR1742 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Intimidating a Participant in the Legal Process, and Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Whaley (DOB 07/09/93) is charged with robbing and killing Mr. Brandon Bryant on June 11, 2015. Mr. Bryant’s body was found in an alley behind 3014 W. Chestnut Street. A trial is scheduled to begin November 13, 2017 in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown are Scott Drabenstadt are the prosecutors.
Dante Stone – 14CR2425 (Murder)
- Mr. Stone (DOB 06/05/84) is charged with the September 10, 2014 Murder of Chauncey Miles outside his home. A Jury Trial is ongoing in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court where Mr. Stone is representing himself. Emily Lantz and Critt Cunningham are the prosecutors.
William McKee – 17CR0495 (Arson in the Second Degree [3 Counts])
- Mr. McKee (DOB 03/19/73) is charged with the July 2016 Arson of a vehicle in Iroquois Park, as well as two building fires located at 1719 Oleanda Avenue and 3811 Utah Avenue on December 27, 2016. Mr. McKee was waiting for investigators to arrive at the building fires when he confessed to all three Arsons. A Jury Trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.