From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: June 26, 2017 – July 7, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Chad Erdley – 17CR1791 (Murder [2 counts], Assault in the First Degree [2 counts], Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [11 counts], Criminal Mischief in the First Degree [2 counts], Operating a Motor Vehicle under the Influence of Intoxicants – First Offense (Aggravating Circumstances))
- Mr. Erdley (DOB 07/05/73) is charged in connection to a collision that occurred on January 29, 2017, resulting in fatal injuries to two pedestrians. Arraignment is scheduled for June 26, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Allen Lehmann and Verna Lehmann, – 16CR1394 (Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree [3 Counts – Allen], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [9 Counts- Allen], Facilitation to Rape in the First Degree, Facilitation to Sodomy in the First Degree [3 Counts – Verna], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [3 Counts, Verna])
- Mr. Lehmann (DOB 06/08/38) is charged with raping, sodomizing, and sexually abusing three girls under the age of twelve. Ms. Lehmann (DOB 04/15/38) is charged for her involvement in those crimes. A final pretrial conference is scheduled for Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Antonio D. Mitchell, Vontre T. Murphy, and Dajohn M. Roberts – 17CR1650 (Robbery in the First Degree [5 Counts Murphy and Roberts] [4 Counts Mitchell])
- Mr. Mitchell (DOB 03/29/96), Mr. Murphy (DOB 03/18/97), and Mr. Roberts (DOB 08/04/96) are charged in connection to a string of robberies occurring between May 18, 2017 and May 29, 2017. A pretrial conference is scheduled for July 6, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Diamond Bishop – 16CR3235 (Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Receiving Stolen Property – Firearm, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree and Assault in the Fourth Degree – Domestic Violence)
- Ms. Bishop (DOB 11/15/95) is charged with the assault of her boyfriend. During the assault, Ms. Bishop pointed a stolen police rifle at him and fired several rounds at his car. Several witnesses called the police stating they heard gun shots. Prior to police arrival, Ms. Bishop hid the rifle in a ditch. The rifle was a Colt M4 Short Barrel Riffle which belonged to the Franklin County Police Department in Tennessee and was reported stolen on October 8, 2015. Ms. Bishop is set to enter a guilty plea on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Danielle Yannelli is the prosecutor.
Tristan Jewell and Devonta Anderson – 17CR0503 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Jewell (DOB 11/06/95) and Mr. Anderson (DOB 10/04/93) are charged with the February 14, 2017 shooting death of Mr. Joshua Evans. Mr. Evans and another victim were walking home in the 1500 block of Longview Avenue when defendants opened fire, killing Mr. Evans but missing another. A pretrial conference is scheduled for June 28, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Brian Boswell- 16CR2812 (Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the Second Degree, Robbery in the Second Degree, Theft by Unlawful Taking over $10,000 [3 Counts], Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the First Degree (Heroin))
- Mr. Boswell (DOB 12/12/82) is charged with holding a man at knifepoint and stealing his vehicle. The incident occurred on October 10, 2016, at Suburban Hospital. A suppression hearing is scheduled for July 3, 2017 at 11:15 a.m. in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
John Przybylek – 16CR1459 (Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence [4th or subsequent offense], Operating a Motor Vehicle while License is Revoked or Suspended for DUI Second Offense, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, Failure to Stop and Render Aid)
- Mr. Przybylek (DOB 7/4/83) entered a guilty plea to Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence – 4th or subsequent offense, Operating a Motor Vehicle while License is Revoked or Suspended for DUI Second Offense, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree and Failure to Stop and Render Aid on April 24, 2017 and was sentenced to five years in prison. The defendant had seven prior convictions for Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence. These charges arose from a collision that occurred on March 28, 2016 at the intersection of South Hurstbourne Parkway and Watterson Trail. The defendant has filed a motion for shock probation and a hearing is scheduled for July 5, 2017 at 9:45 a.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Kyree Yancey – 16CR1049 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Minor)
- On July 29, 2015, Mr. Yancey (DOB 01/30/99) shot the victim, Garfield S. Webb, Jr., multiple times at the 700 Block of Camp Street. The defendant then robbed Mr. Webb before fleeing. Mr. Webb died as a result of his injuries. The defendant was 16 years old at the time of the incident. He was apprehended by law enforcement in Amarillo, TX on February 10, 2016. A Jury Trial is scheduled to begin on July 3, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.