From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
PDF download of this document
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: May 15, 2017 – May 19, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Wathaniel Woods – 17CR0935 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun By Convicted Felon, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree Schedule II Cocaine Less Than Four Grams While in Possession of a Firearm, Illegal Use or Possession of Drug Paraphernalia While in Possession of a Firearm, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, Operating a Motor Vehicle under the Influence of Intoxicants – First Offense (Aggravating Circumstances), Operation of a Motor Vehicle by a Person Whose Operator’s License Has Been Revoked, Suspended, Cancelled or Denied, Disregarding Official Traffic Control Device and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Woods (DOB 03/15/80) is charged as a result of incidents occurring on March 28, 2017 which culminated in Wood’s automobile striking the patrol car of LMPD Officer Nicholas Rodman resulting in fatal injuries to Officer Rodman. The first Pretrial Conference is scheduled for May 15, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Justin Janes are the prosecutors.
Brian Boswell – 16CR2812 (Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the Second Degree, Robbery in the Second Degree, Theft by Unlawful Taking over $10,000 [Three Counts], Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the First Degree (HEROIN))
- Mr. Boswell (DOB 12/12/82) is charged with holding a man at knifepoint and stealing his vehicle. The incident occurred on October 10, 2016, at Suburban Hospital. A pretrial conference is scheduled for May 16, 2017 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Tristan Jewell and Devonta Anderson – 17CR0503 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Jewell (DOB 11/06/95) and Mr. Anderson (DOB 10/04/93) are charged with the February 14, 2017 shooting death of Mr. Joshua Evans. Mr. Evans and another victim were walking home in the 1500 block of Longview Avenue when defendants opened fire, killing Mr. Evans but missing another. A pretrial conference is scheduled for May 15, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
William Crockett – 15CR0057 (Murder, Burglary in the First Degree)
- Mr. Crockett (DOB 12/19/61) is charged in connection with the January 1, 2015, shooting death of Anna Fisher. A trial is ongoing in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez and Thomas Wine are the prosecutors.
William H. Watson – 16CR0206 (Sodomy in the Third Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Watson (DOB 06/19/1972) is charged for sexual contact with a minor under the age of 16 years old. The defendant was the victim’s youth pastor when the defendant cultivated a sexual relationship with the minor victim. A jury trial is scheduled for Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:00 in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Arthur Lee Garrett – 16CR0393 (Rape in the First Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Garrett (DOB 11/10/66) is charged with a rape that occurred on February 5, 2016. On that date, the victim was a patient at Jewish Hospital and was unable to move her limbs, was on a breathing tube, and was otherwise incoherent at the time the rape occurred. A jury trial is scheduled for Monday, May 15, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Chris Foster is the prosecutor.