From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: April 24, 2017 – April 28, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Willie Ward – 14CR2203, 15CR0421 (Sodomy in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Receiving a Stolen Firearm, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Ward (DOB 06/13/1963) was charged with forcing the seventeen year old victim to perform oral sex on him. The incident occurred on August 18, 2014. A trial began on April 18, 2017 in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court and the Defendant was found guilty of Sodomy in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, and being a Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree. The jury recommended an enhanced sentence of 40 years in prison. Final sentencing is scheduled for June 5, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Dailyn Cruz Abreu – 17CR1145 (Murder)
- Ms. Cruz Abreu (DOB 11/23/90), is charged with one count of Murder. She allegedly called 911 on March 30th to report she had smothered her baby. When police arrived, they found her 3 month old child deceased. Ms. Cruz Abreu was arraigned on April 21, 2017 and is currently being held on a $500,000 bond. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 9:30 am in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Adrienne Henderson is the prosecutor.
Matthew Bullard – 17CR1116 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Minor)
- On November 10, 2016, Mr. Bullard (DOB 05/28/00) shot and killed Le Truong in the area of W. Tenny Avenue and S. First Street. Le Truong was 15 years old and Mr. Bullard was 16 years old. Mr. Bullard fled the scene before police arrived and was apprehended one week later. Mr. Bullard is scheduled to be arraigned on Monday, April 24, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
Dante Stone – 14CR2425 (Murder, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Stone (DOB 06/05/84) is charged with the September 10, 2014 shooting of Chauncey Miles in the 800 block of Hazel Street. Mr. Miles died as a result of his injuries. Mr. Stone represents himself along with co-counsel Robert Guarnieri. A Jury Trial is scheduled for May 16, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. A hearing on final pretrial motions is scheduled for April 27, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Tom Wine and Emily Lantz are the prosecutors.
Andre Steadmon– 16CR0121, 17CR0850 (Assault in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Steadmon (DOB 05/31/79) is charged in connection with a shooting occurring on Halloween Night of 2015, near 309 E. St. Catherine Street. The defendant, a convicted felon, pulled a firearm and shot the victim in the abdomen. Once the victim was on the ground in the street, the defendant swung his gun over to point it at the victim’s girlfriend who sat in her car with their 7 year old child some 15 feet away. She immediately drove off. At which time, the defendant walked closer to the victim and once he was standing directly over the wounded man, fired a second shot into the victim’s abdomen. Then he fled the scene. The victim was rushed by his girlfriend to the emergency room. The defendant has seven (7) prior felonies. A jury trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Division Ten of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Critt Cunningham and Josh Waldrop are the prosecutors.
Myliek Damont First – 14CR0515 (Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Robbery in the First Degree and Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. First (DOB 09/19/96) is charged with the October 3, 2013 shooting death of Tony Grady and the shooting of another victim which occurred during the course of a robbery. A trial is scheduled to begin the afternoon of Monday, April 24, 2017 in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Jeff Cooke are the prosecutors.