From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: February 27, 2017 – March 3, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Anthony Boyington – 17CR0512 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree)
- Mr. Boyington (DOB 09/26/78) is charged in connection with the home invasion and murder of Anthony McIntyre on February 12, 2017. Arraignment is scheduled for Monday, February 27, 2017 at 9:30 in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Richard Elder is the prosecutor.
Arik Ali Brooks – 17CR0476 (Murder)
- Mr. Brooks (DOB 02/10/97) is charged with the February 2, 2017 shooting death of Quarte Atkinson. The defendant was indicted on February 20, 2017 and was arraigned in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court on February 21, 2017 at which time the defendant’s bond was set at $250,000.00. A pretrial conference has been scheduled for March 22, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 9. Jeff Cooke is the prosecutor.
Megan Williams – 16CR2595(Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree [Schedule 1 – Heroin, 2 Grams or More While in Possession of a Firearm], Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree [Methamphetamine, 2 Grams or More While in Possession of a Firearm], Illegal Use or Possession of Drug Paraphernalia While in Possession of a Firearm)
- Ms. Williams (DOB 12/15/94) was stopped by police and found to be in possession of approximately 2.9 grams of heroin and 5.5 grams of methamphetamine. After being advised of her rights she admitted that she had just “re-upped” earlier that day for 8 grams of methamphetamine and 3 grams of heroin. She further stated that she was currently unemployed and selling narcotics was how she supported herself. She stated that she had been robbed in the past and need the handgun for her protection. The defendant is scheduled for pre-trial conference on Monday, February 27th at 11:00 a.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ebert Haegele is the prosecutor.
Dayarick Devon Booker- 13CR3130 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Booker (DOB 04/25/97) was convicted at trial for the October 29, 2012, robbery of Ms. Cynthia Johnson on West Broadway near Lindell Avenue. During the robbery, Ms. Johnson was shot and killed by another suspect. A motion to revoke Mr. Booker’s probation is scheduled to occur March 2 at 9:30 in Division 11 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Ernest T. Woodard – 16CR2000 (Robbery in the First Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Defendant Woodard (DOB 04/23/1967) is charged with robbing a woman at knifepoint in the presence of the woman’s 3-year-old daughter. This occurred outside a convenience store at the corner of E. Oak Street and S. Preston Street on May 3, 2016. A hearing on the defendant’s motion to suppress is scheduled for Thursday, March 2nd at 2:00 p.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kaleb Noblett is the prosecutor.
Barry Glenn Morris, 14CR3257 (Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr. Morris (DOB 01/21/99) was in convicted in a January trial of the robbery of taxicab driver Mr. Papa Thiam which led to his death on November 17, 2014. The jury acquitted Mr. Morris on the murder charge. Sentencing on the robbery charge is scheduled to occur March 2 at 10:30 in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Justin Janes are the prosecutors.
Austin S. Priddy, Carmon A. Tussey – 15CR2042 (Complicity to Murder, Complicity to Robbery in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Priddy only], Tampering With Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Priddy (DOB 11/07/95) and Mr. Tussey (DOB 02/08/96) are charged in connection with the July 16, 2015 killing of Mr. Miguel Macias at the Mall Gate Apartments in St. Matthews. A trial is ongoing in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Co-defendant, Mr. Andrew McAllister (DOB 04/27/95), pled guilty on Friday, February 24th and will testify against the defendants. Stacy Greive and Shelly Alvey are the assigned prosecutors.
William McLemore, Demarkus Tramber, Duwan Mason – 15CR1328 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder (10 Counts), Assault in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree (9 Counts))
- Mr. McLemore (DOB 07/24/95), Mr. Tramber (DOB 11/16/94), and Mr. Mason (DOB 10/13/86) are charged in relation to a shooting that killed 16-month-old Ne’Rhiah Miller on August 27, 2014. The defendants approached the front porch of a home located on South 37th Street where the victims were congregated and opened fire against them. A jury trial is ongoing in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryane Conroy is the prosecutor.
Corey Quantez Chapman, 16CR0219 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, and Persistent Felony Offender First Degree)
- Mr. Chapman (DOB 01/13/82), is accused of shooting and killing Leontynae Wade, the mother of his children. This shooting occurred in the street at the intersection of Whitney Avenue and Peachtree Avenue in front of the couple’s young son and the victim’s cousin. Mr. Chapman is a convicted felon, and is prohibited from possessing a handgun. A jury trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, February 28th at 10:00 am in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Adrienne Henderson is the prosecutor.