From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: February 20, 2017 – February 24, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
James Carl Renn Sr. – 15CR1318 (Rape of a Female Over Twelve Years Old, Indecent or Immoral Practices with a Child Less than 15 Years of Age [3 Counts], and Incest)
- Mr. Renn (DOB 09/28/33) was charged for offenses which occurred against his two daughters in the late 1960s and early 1970s. A jury trial began on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. On Thursday, February 16, 2017, the defendant was found guilty of the above charges. A jury sentenced him to 21 years in prison for the charge of Incest, 10 years in prison for each of the three counts of Indecent or Immoral Practices with a Child Less than 15 Years of Age, and 20 years in prison for the charge of Rape of a Female Over Twelve Years of Age, all to run consecutively for a total of 71 years in prison. Final Sentencing is set for Monday, April 17, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II was the prosecutor.
Daven Metcalf – 17CR0413 (Assault in the First Degree)
- Defendant Metcalf (DOB 10/22/96) is charged in connection with a shooting that occurred on December 8, 2016. Defendant is accused of firing a handgun at the victim at point blank range that resulted in life threatening injuries to her. Arraignment is scheduled for February 20, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Shontanique R. Brown and Ashley L. Neely – 17CR0437 (Aggravated Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree [Heroin][One Hundred Grams or More][While in Possession of a Firearm](Neely), Aggravated Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree [Heroin][One Hundred Grams or More](Brown), Illegal Possession of a Drug Paraphernalia)
- Ms. Brown (DOB 09/28/93) and Ms. Neely (DOB 07/11/93) are charged with trafficking large amount of Heroin recovered by the Louisville Metro Police Department during search warrants executed at the defendants’ residences on February 9th, 2017. In total between the two search warrants, approximately 47 pounds of suspected Heroin, a handgun, a large amount of U.S. Currency, and drug paraphernalia was recovered. The defendants are scheduled to be arraigned on February 20th at 11:30 a.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Frank Dahl is the prosecutor.
Steffon Dixon—16CR2893 & 16CR2575 (Robbery in the First Degree [2 counts])
- Defendant Dixon (DOB 01/11/97) is charged with two armed robberies that occurred on August 8, 2016. A pretrial conference is scheduled for February 20th, 2017 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
James A. Robards – 17CR0023 (Murder, Violation of a Protective Order)
- Mr. Robards (DOB 12/10/62) is charged with the December 23, 2016 death of his former girlfriend, Angelia Thomas. Neighbors reported hearing the defendant and Ms. Thomas argue and her cry for help in the victim’s apartment that night. The defendant confessed to being in Ms. Thomas’s apartment that night, that they had been in an argument, and that it had gotten violent. After the night of the altercation, Ms. Thomas was not seen again for several days until a friend who had not heard from her became concerned. The friend looked through Ms. Thomas’s mail slot and discovered her deceased on her couch. A pretrial conference is scheduled for February 21, 2017 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.
Ricky Lewis Kelly, 14CR2146 (Murder)
- Mr. Kelly (DOB 11/18/70) is charged with killing Mr. Lajuante Jackson in August of 2005. A hearing on the defendant’s motion to exclude the death penalty due to intellectual disability is scheduled for Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Justin Janes are the prosecutors.
Andrew Z. McAllister, Austin S. Priddy, Carmon A. Tussey – 15CR2042 (Complicity to Murder, Complicity to Robbery in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Priddy only], Tampering With Physical Evidence [Priddy and Tussey])
- Mr. McAllister (DOB 04/27/95), Mr. Priddy (DOB 11/07/95) and Mr. Tussey (DOB 02/08/96) are charged in connection with the July 16, 2015 killing of Mr. Miguel Macias at the Mall Gate Apartments in St. Matthews. A trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, February 21, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Shelly Alvey are the assigned prosecutors.
William McLemore, Demarkus Tramber, Duwan Mason – 15CR1328 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder (10 Counts), Assault in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree (9 Counts))
- Mr. McLemore (DOB 07/24/95), Mr. Tramber (DOB 11/16/94), and Mr. Mason (DOB 10/13/86) are charged in relation to a shooting that killed 16-month-old Ne’Rhiah Miller on August 27, 2014. The defendants approached the front porch of a home located on South 37th Street where the victims were congregated and opened fire against them. A jury trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryane Conroy is the prosecutor.
Jeffrey Stine – 15CR0823 (Robbery in the First Degree, Assault in the First Degree, Theft by Unlawful Taking Over $500)
- Mr. Stine (DOB 07/24/91) is charged with stabbing, strangling, and stealing items from the victim on January 11, 2015. Two others that were charged in connection with these offenses previously pled guilty, have been sentenced, and are expected to testify at trial. A trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, February 21, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.