From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: November 7-November 11, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Jefferson Circuit Court will be closed on Tuesday, November 8, 2016 in recognition of Election Day. In honor of our Veterans, Jefferson Circuit Court will also be closed on Friday, November 11, 2016 in recognition of Veteran’s Day.
Johnny Lee Stamps– 16CR2902 (Assault in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Stamps (DOB 03/02/54) is charged with the assault of an employee of an auto parts business located on Poplar Level Road. While a patron in the store on September 11, 2016, the defendant became involved in a verbal altercation with the victim. Surveillance video shows the defendant running out of the store and pulling something out of his pocket. The defendant stabbed the victim multiple times. Mr. Stamps will be arraigned on November 7, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Deshone Montel Hale– 16CR2912 (Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon, Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree [Cocaine – Four Grams or More while in Possession of a Firearm], Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree [Opiates – Ten Dosage Units or More while in Possession of a Firearm], Illegal Possession of Marijuana while in Possession of a Firearm, Receiving Stolen Firearm)
- Mr. Hale (DOB 06/24/79) is charged as a result of the execution of a search warrant. On September 14, 2016, 0fficers found large quantities of suspect crack cocaine along with paraphernalia including a scale and baggies. The defendant admitted to officers that there was a loaded handgun located in the living room of the residence. Officers found a marijuana blunt and a large sum of cash. Mr. Hale will be arraigned on November 7, 2016 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ebert Haegele is the prosecutor.
Marcus David Billups– 16CR2919 (Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr. Billups (DOB 06/03/87) is charged the robbery of a Metro PCS on October 13, 2016. The defendant entered the store, located at 403 West Oak Street, armed with a pistol. He demanded and received business cash before fleeing on foot. During the investigation, an employee present at the time of the robbery identified the defendant who was later interviewed and admitted to robbing the business. Mr. Billings will be arraigned on November 7, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Jeffrey Robert Wilhelm Jr. and Robert Hugh Collins Jr. – 16CR2923 (Robbery in the First Degree [Three Counts], Receiving Stolen Property Over $10,000, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree)
- Mr. Wilhelm (DOB 05/21/96) and Mr. Collins (DOB 12/16/82) are charged with the Robberies of the Republic Bank located at 10100 Brookridge Village Boulevard on September 30, 2016, BB&T Bank located at 712 Blankenbaker Parkway on October 7, 2016, and First Capital Bank of Kentucky located at 6512 Bardstown Road on October 28, 2016. During each robbery, one of the defendants entered the bank, demanded large bills, and fled to the car where the other defendant waited. During the last robbery of the First Capital Bank of Kentucky, Defendant Collins was given a GPS tracking device along with the cash without his knowledge. Officers were able to track the defendants, spotting them in a car that had been reported to be stolen. When officers attempted to stop the vehicle, the defendant’s fled, leading officers on a pursuit that ended when the vehicle occupied by defendants ran off the road hear Hikes Lane and Goldsmith Lane. The money from the most recent robbery was recovered in the car. The defendants are scheduled to be arraigned in on November 7, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Kenneth M. McBride – 15CR3401 (Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree, Failure to Comply with Sex Offender Registry [Subsequent Offender])
- Mr. McBride (DOB 08/27/70) was stopped by officers on June 17, 2015 for being in possession of marijuana and a crack pipe. Upon the stop, officers determined that the defendant is a sex offender and had failed to register his new address. The defendant admitted to his non-compliance. He has twice previously been convicted for failing to comply with the sex offender registry. Mr. McBride’s jury trial is set to begin on November 7, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Cecil is the prosecutor.