From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: October 31-November 4, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Phillip Dale Anderson – 14CR2163, 14CR3253, 14CR3327 (Sodomy in the Second Degree, Criminal Attempt Sodomy in the First Degree [Two Counts], Sodomy in the Third Degree [Four Counts], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Anderson (DOB 07/29/1958) was found guilty by a jury on case 14CR2163 on September 8, 2016 of Sodomy in the Second Degree, Criminal Attempt Sodomy in the First Degree [Two Counts] and Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Two Counts]. On September 9, 2016, the jury recommended a sentence of ten years. On October 26, 2016, Mr. Anderson was formally sentenced by the Court to ten years as recommended by the jury. Moreover, Mr. Anderson entered guilty pleas on two other cases, 14CR3253 and 14CR3327. These cases contained four counts of Sodomy in the Third Degree. The defendant received a sentence of five years on each count of Sodomy in the Third Degree. All of the charges and cases are to run concurrently for a total of ten years by final disposition in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Steffon Musheer Dixon – 16CR2893 (Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr. Dixon (DOB 01/11/97) is charged with the robbery of a convenience store located at 9109 US Highway 42. The defendant and a juvenile co-defendant entered the store while masked and armed with a handgun, took business cash and merchandise, and fled the scene. The robbery was captured on store video surveillance. Mr. Dixon’s girlfriend and an acquaintance identified him as one of the suspects and admitted to being present at other robberies committed by the defendants that did not occur in Louisville. The defendant will be arraigned on October 31, 2016 at 2:30 p.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Joshua C. Lawrence – 16CR2897 (Assault in the First Degree)
- Mr. Lawrence (DOB 12/20/87) is charged in connection with a shooting that occurred on September 13, 2016. Officers responded to a shooting at Home Depot located at 6840 Dixie Highway, where the victim had been shot in the chest. The defendant was identified by the victim as the shooter. Mr. Lawrence will be arraigned on October 31. 2016 at 11:00 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mark Baker is the prosecutor.
John Norwood Johnson – 16CR2849 (Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr. Johnson (DOB 03/18/70) is charged with Robbery in connection with an assault that occurred near the intersection of Liberty and Floyd Streets on September 15, 2016. Officers found the victim laying on the ground with sustained facial injuries. The victim informed officers that the defendant punched him in the face and kicked him in the face multiple times before taking the touch screen phone that the victim was using at the time of the assault. The incident stemmed from another assault that the victim had previously reported to police. The victim made a positive identification and the stolen phone was found within one foot of the defendant. The defendant will be arraigned on October 31, 2016 at 2:30 p.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Yancey is the prosecutor.
Hugh T. Bell, III – 16CR2855 (Assault in the First Degree, Criminal Abuse in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Intimidating a Participant in the Legal Process [Two Counts], Receiving Stolen Firearm, Tampering with Physical Evidence and Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Bell (DOB 06/20/95) has been indicted for his role in the shooting of a four-year-old girl in the Park Hill neighborhood on August 11, 2016, and the subsequent intimidation of a witness to the event. Mr. Bell’s bond has been set at $25,000, and a warrant for his arrest remains outstanding. His arraignment is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on October 31, 2016 in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
Rishelle Atwood, Keynisha Butler, Antrell Malone, Frederick Malone and Whitney McLain- 16CR2586 (Criminal Syndication: Engaging In Organized Crime, Possession of a Handgun By a Convicted Felon [Butler only], Fraudulent Use Credit Card over $500 But Less Than $10,000 [Twenty Counts], Theft By Unlawful Taking over $500 But less Than $10,000 [two counts], Theft By Unlawful Taking Under $500 [Twenty-Two Counts], Fraudulent Use Credit Card under $500 [Two Counts], Criminal Attempt Fraudulent Use Credit Card over $500 But less than $10,000 [One Count], Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree [Butler] and Persistent Felony Offender In the First Degree [Antrell Malone and Fred Malone])
- Ms. Atwood (DOB 6/01/78), Ms. Butler (DOB 10/08/80), Mr. Antrell Malone (DOB 08/31/78), Mr. Frederick Malone (DOB 05/05/67) and Ms. McLain (DOB 09/09/92) are charged in Jefferson County, Kentucky, with offenses related to an ongoing scheme to commit thefts of wallets from the purses of female shoppers in local retail stores between the dates of December 10, 2015 and August 15, 2016 . The plan and execution of these wallet thefts involved a member of the syndicate distracting female victims, many of whom were elderly, while another member of the syndicate stole the wallet. Immediately after committing the thefts, a member or members of the syndicate used the victims’ credit cards from the stolen wallets at local businesses to make fraudulent purchases. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Rishelle Atwood, Keynisha Butler and Antrell Malone on November 3, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Arrest warrants are outstanding for Frederick Malone and Whitney McLain. Stacy Greive is the prosecutor.
Joshua Lewis Young– 16CR1338 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Young (DOB 02/08/1995) is charged in connection with the May 16, 2016, shooting death of his landlord, Shane McCain, at 2326 Griffiths Avenue. A pre-trial conference/bond hearing is scheduled for Friday, November 4, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. in Division Thirteen of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Joshua Waldrop are the prosecutors.
Brandon Kraatz – 16CR2809 (Murder)
- Mr. Kraatz (DOB 10/03/96) is charged with the October 10, 2016 murder of David G. House at Deal Master Food Mart, located at 6115 Blevins Gap Road. The defendant was arrested three days later and admitted to shooting Mr. House. The incident was captured on surveillance video. The defendant was arraigned on October 24, 2016 and a bond hearing is scheduled for November 2, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Cecil and Milja Zgonjanin are the prosecutors.
Andrew Z. McAllister, Austin S. Priddy, and Carmon A. Tussey – 15CR2042 (Complicity to Murder (All), Complicity to Robbery in the First Degree (All), Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree (Priddy only), Tampering With Physical Evidence (Priddy and Tussey))
- Mr. McAllister (DOB 04/27/95), Mr. Priddy (DOB 11/07/95) and Mr. Tussey (DOB 02/08/96) are charged in connection with the July 16, 2015 killing of Mr. Miguel Macias at the Mall Gate Apartments in St. Matthews. A hearing is scheduled for Monday, October 31, 2016, at 1:00 p.m. in Division One of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Shelly Alvey are the assigned prosecutors.
Andre Lenear Collins – 14CR3018 (Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Convicted Felon in Possession of a Handgun, Terroristic Threatening in the Third Degree, Assault in the Fourth Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Collins (DOB 12/18/58) is charged in connection with a domestic dispute which occurred on September 20, 2014. The defendant fought with his girlfriend, beating her head with his fists causing bruises to her head and neck. The defendant strangled the victim three times, causing her to lose consciousness and urinate on herself. He then placed a loaded handgun to her head and told her to “prepare to meet [her] maker.” The Defendant is a convicted felon. The trial is scheduled to begin on November 1, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.