From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: September 6-September 9, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Mark Highbaugh – 14CR3317 (Manslaughter in the Second Degree and Operating a Motor Vehicle under the Influence of Alcohol)
- Mr. Highbaugh (DOB 02/08/65) entered a guilty plea to Manslaughter in the Second Degree and Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol for a collision that occurred on December 7, 2014, in which Paul Ward was killed. The defendant was sentenced to 8 years on April 12, 2016, and has now filed a motion requesting shock probation. A hearing on the motion for shock probation occurred on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. in Division 12. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Leon Montgomery—16CR0823 (Murder, Criminal Abuse in the First Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Montgomery (DOB 11/6/91) is charged in connection with the March 14, 2016 death of a five-month old. (The child’s mother, Britney Ballard, is also charged with criminal abuse in a separate indictment.) A pretrial conference is scheduled for Wednesday, September 7 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 7 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Christie Foster is the prosecutor.
Carlos Beauchamp, Jaquae Sanders, & Luretta Lynn Todd – 14CR1561 (Complicity to Murder [All], Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon [Beauchamp Only])
- Mr. Beauchamp (DOB 5/12/81), Mr. Sanders (DOB 9/21/93), and Ms. Todd (DOB 3/19/85) are charged in connection with the June 3, 2014, shooting death of Keith Lane in the 1100 block of South 8th Street. A Hearing on a motion filed by Todd in anticipation for the September 27, 2016, trial date is scheduled for Friday, September 9 at 11:00 a.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey and Stacy Grieve are the prosecutors.
Eric Ramsey—16CR2328 (Rape in the Second Degree [Twelve Counts], Sodomy in the Second Degree [Two Counts], and Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Thirteen Counts])
- Mr. Ramsey (DOB 6/3/85) is charged in connection with abuse of a 13-year old. A bond hearing is tentatively scheduled for Friday, September 9 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 8 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Christie Foster is the prosecutor.
Phillip Dale Anderson – 14CR2163 (Sodomy in the Second Degree, Criminal Attempt Sodomy in the First Degree [Two Counts], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Anderson (DOB 7/29/1958) is charged with subjecting the victim, who was a student at St. Raphael while Mr. Anderson taught there, to sexual contact, including oral sex, sexual touching, and forceful attempted anal sodomy between August 1981 and February 1984. Trial is scheduled for Tuesday, September 6, at 9:30 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Quinton Huddleston – 14CR1620 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, and Violation of Protective Order)
- Mr. Huddleston (DOB 9/9/91) is charged in connection with the June 16, 2014 shooting of his estranged girlfriend, Tanisha Gordon, and the death of her brother, Josh Gordon. The Defendant is tentatively scheduled for trial to begin Friday, September 9 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 7 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Christie Foster and Danielle Yannelli are the prosecutors.
Carlos A Lagantta, 13CR2985 (Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree, two counts of Assault in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Lagantta (DOB 10/24/78) is charged with a home invasion that occurred on September 30, 2013, at 1640 Northwestern Parkway. A woman and man were shot during the crime, and the man returned fire. Later, Mr. Lagantta called police from the area of 23rd and Dumesnil and said he had been shot during a robbery. Police became suspicious of his story, and ultimately linked him to the Northwestern shooting. Trial is scheduled to begin Wednesday, September 7, 2016, in Division 4. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Jeff Cooke are the prosecutors.