From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: September 19-September 23, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Assistant Director of Communications: Critt Cunningham
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3120
Cell / Text: (502) 380-7080
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Mr. Terry Larue – 16CR2447 (Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr Larue (DOB 3/19/93) has been indicted in connection with a 8/08/16 Robbery. The defendant along with an unknown co-defendant lured the victim to his front yard and then took an open carry firearm off the victim and tossed it to his co-defendant. Co-defendant then pointed the gun at the victim and threatened to shoot him if he did not leave. The case will be arraignmed on Monday September 19, 2016 at 3:00 in Jefferson Circuit Court Division 13. Alex Gaddis is the Prosecutor.
Joshua R. Goodman – 16CR2452 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Goodman (DOB 5/05/87) has been indicted in connection with a shooting that occurred on 9/02/16. The defendant entered a residence asking where his father was. The homeowner and the defendant got into a verbal altercation which at some point turned physical. During the course of the altercation the defendant produced a handgun and fired two shots striking the homeowner and causing his death. Goodman then fled the scene taking the handgun with him. The case will be arraignmed on Monday September 19, 2016 at 3:00 in Jefferson Circuit Court Division 13. Erin McKinzie is the prosecutor.
Carlos Stone – 15CR2670 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Stone (DOB 01/04/77) is charged in connection with the September 29, 2015, shooting death of Annquonette Starr. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Thursday, September 22, at 9:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Brice Jamar Rhodes – 16CR1891 (Murder [Three Counts], Tampering with Physical Evidence, Abuse of a Corpse [Two Counts], Receiving Stolen Property)
- Mr. Rhodes (DOB 9/8/90) is charged with the May 4, 2016, murder of Christopher Jones on the 800 block of 41st Street, and the May 22, 2016, murder of two children, sixteen-year-old Maurice Gordon and fourteen-year-old Larry Ordway, at 763 N. Hite Avenue. He is also charged with attempting to dispose of evidence related to this case and of attempting to burn the bodies of the victims, which were discovered in the rear of 4028 River Park Drive. A pretrial conference is scheduled to occur September 20 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 4 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Dojuan Jefferson – 15CR0772 & 16CR1192 (Murder, Attempted Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Jefferson (DOB 10/8/76) is being tried in connection with an October 20, 2014, shooting in the 1100 block of Fisk Ct. The victims, D’juan Suan Smith and Devante T. Harris, were involved in a street game of dice. The defendant, Dojuan Jefferson, walked up from behind D’ Juan Smith and shot him multiple times causing his death at the scene. The defendant also shot Devante Harris striking him in the back of the head causing serious physical injury. Devante Harris survived after receiving treatment at the University of Louisville Hospital where the projectile was recovered after surgery. Dojuan Jefferson is a convicted felon on parole for a previous murder conviction (97CR000335) and he consequently is prohibited by law from possessing any type of handgun or firearm. A Jury Trial is scheduled to occur on Monday, September 19 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Critt Cunningham and Elizabeth Jones Brown are the prosecutors.
Glennesha Hampton – 16CR0550 (Robbery in the First Degree)
- Ms. Hampton (DOB 07/06/96) is charged with the robbery of Gabrielle Wallace on January 6, 2016, at 729 S. 41st Street. The victim stated that Ms. Hampton held her at gunpoint and took her cell phone, ID, credit card, and cash. Officers found Ms. Hampton at the location of the robbery with the victim’s property on her person. The case is scheduled for trial on September 20th at 10:30 A.M. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kaleb Noblett and Alex Gaddis are the prosecutors.