From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: August 8-August 12, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Assistant Director of Communications: Critt Cunningham
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3120
Cell / Text: (502) 380-7080
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Gregory Alan Mathis – 15CR2458 (Criminal Attempt Promoting Sexual Performance by a Minor [7 Counts]; Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage in Sexual or other Prohibited Activities [3 Counts]; and Possession of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor [26 counts])
- Mr. Mathis (DOB 6/29/72) had previously pled guilty to conduct occurring in June and July 2015. Defendant had contacted underage girls via Facebook chat or Kik messenger to ask them to engage in sexual performances and photograph themselves. Defendant was also in possession of child pornography. This case was investigated by the Office of the Attorney General. Defendant had previously pled guilty and was sentenced on Monday, August 1 in Division 8 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Defendant was sent to serve 15 years in prison. Christie Foster is the prosecutor.
Jessica M. Martinez and Mauricio Martinez – 16CR2086 (Murder and Criminal Abuse in the First Degree [Complicity for Both])
- Ms. Martinez (DOB 4/14/86) and Mr. Martinez (DOB 2/22/88 and 4/2/87) are charged in connection with the January 25, 2008 death of Ms. Martinez’s 21-month old daughter, C.L. The Defendants are tentatively scheduled for arraignment on Monday, August 8 at 2:30 p.m. in Division Eleven of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Christie Foster is the prosecutor.
Ashish Ashok Parekh – 15CR2667 (Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage In Sexual or Other Prohibited Activities)
- Mr. Parekh (DOB 4/22/82) Mr. Parekh allegedly answered a Craig’s List advertisement from a person he believed to be a 15 year old girl. He communicated with her electronically over several days, including through the use of the Kik messenger app. He later arranged to meet her for sexual contact. The person with whom he had been communicating was actually an investigator with the Attorney General’s Office. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 10, 2016 at 8:30 am in Div. 9. Adrienne Henderson is the prosecutor.
Damien Lacambra – 16CR1175 (Murder)
- Mr. Lacambra (DOB 3/20/94). Mr. Lacambra is accused of shooting his wife, Amelia Lacambra, resulting in her death. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 10, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. in Division Eight. Adrienne Henderson is the prosecutor.
Keith Mario Reed – 16CR0837 (Murder)
- Mr. Reed (DOB 4/11/62) is charged in connection with the stabbing death of Mr. Byron Knott on March 24, 2016. The stabbing occurred in front of 2006 Garland Avenue. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Friday, August 12, 2016, at 9:30 a.m. in Division 3. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
William McCawley – 16CR2006 (Rape in the Third Degree)
- Mr. McCawley (DOB 9/14/86), a Barren County Sports League Softball coach, is accused of having sexual intercourse with a child less than 16 years old. The incident occurred in Jefferson County. A Bond Hearing is scheduled for August 12, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. in Division Five. Adrienne Henderson is the prosecutor.
Charles Shoulders – 15CR1888 (Murder)
- Mr. Shoulders (DOB 3/20/42) is charged in connection with the July 4, 2015, shooting death of his wife, Juandora Shoulders. Trial is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, August 8 in Division Five of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Christie Foster is the prosecutor.
Henry Gleaves – 15CR0099 (Murder)
- On January 9, 2015 at approximately 1057 hours, Henry Richard Gleaves shot and killed Sherman Edwards in the parking lot of the Fern Valley Hotel & Conference Center. After the shooting, Gleaves fled the scene in a black Chevrolet HHR that was registered to his mother. The shooting was captured on the hotel’s video surveillance system. Trial began last week and is in on going in Division Thirteen of the Jefferson Circuit Court. John Balenovich and Josh Porter are the prosecutors.