From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: August 22-September 2, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Dominic Cloud and William Dennison – 15CR2022 (Robbery in the First Degree [Cloud – Nine Counts, Dennison – Eight Counts]; Robbery in the Second Degree [Five Counts].
- On August 16, 2016, Mr. Cloud (DOB 5/22/97) and Mr. Dennison (DOB 9/16/96) each pled guilty to 20 years on multiple counts of robbery. Defendants were arrested on July 21, 2015 after committing numerous robberies at convenience stores in June and July 2015 in the 5th Division, 6th Division, 7th Division, and Jeffersontown area. Sentencing is scheduled for Wednesday, December 7 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 11 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Cecil is the prosecutor.
Antavis Ford, Donqua Johnson, Charles Reece, Infante Shoulder, Zachary Taylor, Terrance Miller – 15CR2931 (Criminal Syndication-[All], Robbery 1 [Reece, Taylor, Johnson], Receiving Stolen Property over $10,000, [Multiple Defendants, Multiple Counts] Receiving Stolen Property under $10,000, [Multiple Defendants, Multiple Counts], Receiving Stolen Property over $500.00 but less $10,000, [Multiple Defendants, Multiple Counts], Theft By Unlawful taking Over $10,000 [Taylor], Receiving A Stolen Firearm [Taylor], Criminal Mischief [Taylor], Receiving Stolen Property Under $500 [Shoulders], Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon [Taylor])
- The above individuals and several unindicted juveniles were involved in more than a dozen car thefts taking place September and October of 2015. The LMPD Robbery Unit primarily developed the case and coordinated SWAT raids involving more than 30 SWAT officers; VIPER and St. Mathews Police have also had an active role. At last Pretrial conference scheduled on August 19th 2016, Donqua Johnson entered into a plea to amended charges totaling 7 years. Infonte Shoulders expected to plea at the next court date scheduled for Friday, September 30th, 2016 at 9:45 in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Critt Cunningham is the prosecutor.
Damion Lamont Fitzpatrick – 16CR1130 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [6 Counts], and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Fitzpatrick (DOB 11/13/80) is charged with the April 18, 2016, shooting near the Cricket Wireless at 3125 W. Broadway where one person was stuck in the back. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Tuesday, August 30, 2016, at 9:15 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Juan Carlos Ortega-Santos – 16CR1777 (Murder [Two Counts], Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Two Counts], Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Intoxicants, Operating a Motor Vehicle Without an Operator’s License, No Motor Vehicle Insurance)
- Mr. Ortega-Santos (DOB 06/20/1990) has been indicted in relation to a collision that occurred on June 21, 2016 in the 9300 block of Taylorsville Road which resulted in the death of two children. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Monday, August 22, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. in Division 1. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Nathaniel Lee Davis – 16CR2130 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon, Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Davis (DOB 01/06/76) is charged with the June 20, 2016, shooting near the 900 block of Winkler Ave. A bond hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, August 23, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Kenneth Dwayne Willis – 16CR1934 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon, Possession of a Controlled Substance in the First Degree [Heroin])
- Mr. Willis (DOB 09/10/64) is charged with the July 12, 2016, shooting death of Ashley Spriggs at 2323 W. Muhammad Ali. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Monday, August 22, 2016, at 9:15 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Jessica D. Price, 13CR2253 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Abuse of a Corpse)
- Ms. Price (DOB 07/05/1984) is charged in connection with the August 8, 2013 death of her newborn child. The baby was discovered in a trash can at a local Kohl’s store. A status conference is scheduled for Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:00am in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Carlos Stone, 15CR2670 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Stone (DOB 01/04/1977) is charged in connection with the September 29, 2015, shooting death of Annquonette Starr. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:15am in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Tommy Batton, 14CR2417 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Robbery I [Five Counts], Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Batton (DOB 12/3/88) pleaded guilty to numerous August, 2014, armed robberies, including at the PRP Pizza on August 11, the Rodeway Inn on August 23, and the L&N Credit Union on August 29 where he broke in through the roof. A shot was fired at an employee of the Rodeway Inn during that robbery. Sentencing is scheduled for August 29, 2016 at 9:30 am in Division 13. Elizabeth Jones Brown in the prosecutor.
Damen Lee, Jr., 15CR1529 (Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree, and Kidnapping in the First Degree as to Baskette, Lee, and Matthewson. Robbery in the First Degree [3 Counts], and Burglary in the First Degree as to Lee and Ricketts. Sodomy in the First Degree, Receiving a Stolen Firearm, and Possession of a Handgun by a Minor as to Lee.)
- Damen Lee (DOB 12/31/98), and two co-defendants are charged with robbing a 77-year-old man on April 13, 2015, forcing him through his house at gunpoint while they stole items, and then forcing him into the trunk of his own vehicle. They then stole another of the victim’s vehicles and fled in it. Police found that vehicle abandoned where it had collided with a utility pole, checked the registration, and responded to the victim’s residence where they rescued him from his trunk. Mr. Lee and two different co-defendants are charged with robbing at gunpoint a woman in her home the following day, and Mr. Lee is charged with sodomy in relation to that incident. They are also charged with robbing two painters after they left the woman’s residence. When Mr. Lee was arrested two days later, police recovered from his possession a gun stolen from the first crime scene. All other co-defendants have pleaded guilty and agreed to testify. A trial is tentatively scheduled for August 30th at 10:00 in Division 10. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
***Due to the Annual Prosecutor’s Conference 8/24/16 through 8/26/16, this Media Release encompasses both the weeks of August 22, 2016 and August 29, 2016. ***