From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: June 27-July 1, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Assistant Director of Communications: Critt Cunningham
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Antwoin D. Williams – 16CR1681 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Williams (DOB 12/13/93) is accused of on June 11, 2016 using a handgun to shoot the victim, causing her death. She was inside a vehicle at the time of the shooting. Also her one year old son was in the vehicle. After the shooting Mr. Williams fled the scene with the handgun. Mr. Williams is a convicted felon. The case will be arraigned on Monday June 27, 2016 at 2:00, in Jefferson County Circuit Courtroom Division 10. Justin Janes is the Prosecutor.
Marquice Hamilton & Brian Hutchings – 16CR0930 (Murder [Two Counts], Robbery in the First Degree, Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree While in Possession of a Firearm, Heroin over 2 Grams, Tampering with Physical Evidence [All])
- Hamilton (DOB 6/15/97) and Hutchings (DOB 5/21/97) were arraigned on the above charges Monday, April 18th in Jefferson Circuit Court. The charges stem from the shooting deaths of two men in a car on March 31, 2016 at 2001 Appleton Lane in Shively. A pretrial conference is scheduled for June 27 at 10:30 a.m. in Division 3. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
Joshua Lewis Young– 16CR1338 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Young (DOB 02/08/95) is charged in connection with the May 16, 2016, shooting death of his landlord, Shane McCain, at 2326 Griffiths Avenue. A pre-trial conference is scheduled on Monday, June 27, 2016, at 9:15 a.m. in Division Thirteen of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Joshua Waldrop are the prosecutors.
William Mattingly– 15CR3102 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Mattingly (DOB 05/09/75) is charged in connection with the November 13, 2015, strangulation death of Thomas Grismer in a hotel room at the Red Roof Inn located at 4704 Preston Highway. A pre-trial conference is scheduled on Tuesday, June 28, 2016, at 9:15 a.m. in Division Nine of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Chris Foster are the prosecutors.
Terrah Love – 16CR0877 (Manslaughter in the Second Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Ms. Love (DOB 09/22/87) is charged with Manslaughter in the Second Degree relating to the death of her three month old child. Ms. Love allegedly became intoxicated on or about June 5, 2015 and co-slept with her child. At some point that night, Ms. Love allegedly rolled over on the child and smothered her to death. A Pretrial Conference has been scheduled for Thursday, June 30, at 9:45 A.M., in Division Thirteen. Nathan Batey is the prosecutor.