From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: May 30-June 3, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Allen Lehmann and Verna Lehmann – 16CR1394 (Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree [Three Counts – Allen Only], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Nine Counts- Allen], Facilitation to Rape in the First Degree, Facilitation to Sodomy in the First Degree [Three Counts- Verna Only], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Three Counts- Verna Only])
- Mr. Lehmann (DOB 6/8/38) was previously charged with nine counts for sodomizing and sexually abusing three girls under the age of twelve under indictment 14CR1393. The Grand Jury returned true bills on twenty counts on May 26, 2016, adding four additional counts against Allen Lehmann and adding his wife, Ms. Lehmann (DOB 4/15/1938). Ms. Lehmann is charged with seven counts for her involvement in the rape, sodomy, and sexual abuse of the three victims. A status hearing is scheduled for Friday, June 3, 2016 in Division 1 at 10:30 where Ms. Lehmann is also expected to be arraigned. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Stuart Cox – 16CR0838 (Murder-Domestic Violence)
- Mr. Cox (DOB 05/04/91) is charged in connection with the shooting death of Tracey Brock, Mr. Cox’s girlfriend. On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. in Division Eight of the Circuit Court, a pre-trial conference is scheduled. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.
Timothy Shockely – 16CR0492 (Robbery in the First Degree, Convicted Felon in Possession of a Handgun, Tampering with Physical Evidence, and Illegal Use or Possession of Drug Paraphernalia)
- Defendant Shockley (DOB 2/25/1989) is charged in connection with the July 13, 2016 carjacking of James Watson at 4300 Crittenden Drive. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for June 2, 2016 at 9:00 in Division Three. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Russhawn D. Townsend – 16CR0155 (Assault in the First Degree, Assault in the Second degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Townsend (DOB 10/12/83) is charged in connection to an assault that took place in the early morning hours of January 1, 2016, at the White Castle on Bardstown Road near Hikes Lane. The defendant and an unknown complicitor brutally assaulted Vadim Tolstykh and Nikolai Rueta. Mr. Tolstykh was kicked repeatedly in the head while he was unconscious on the ground, which left him with severe brain damage and unable to move or talk to this day. It is alleged that Mr. Townsend and his unknown complicitor beat their victims for being Russian immigrants. A Pre-Trial Conference is scheduled for Tuesday, May 31st at 2:00 p.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
Judy Hiser –15CR2266 (Facilitation of Rape in the First Degree [Seven Counts], Facilitation of Incest [Seven Counts], Facilitation of Sodomy in the First Degree [Four Counts], Facilitation of Unlawful Transaction with a Minor in the First Degree, and Facilitation of Use of a Minor in a Sexual Performance)
- Ms. Hiser (DOB 1/23/78) is charged in connection with child sex abuse involving Mr. Larry Wayne Lewis and Ms. Hiser’s minor children. A pre-trial conference is set for Wednesday, June 01, 2016, at 9:45 A.M. in Division Ten of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.
Aron Ballard and Anthony Foster – 16CR1051 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Six Counts])
- Ballard (DOB 12/18/93) and Foster (DOB 9/30/90) are charged in complicity in relation to a shooting that occurred on April 2, 2016 at 2129 Bolling Avenue. The defendants fired multiple shots at the victims, Lottie Eicher and Rodriq Buchannon, in an attempt to kill these individuals. As a result of the defendants’ actions, Rodriq Buchannon was shot multiple times and suffered serious physical injury. Lottie Eicher was also shot and died as a result of her injuries. 2129 Bolling Avenue was occupied by six persons, who were all on the first floor of the house when the defendants were shooting. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled for Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Cecil is the prosecutor.
Quinton Elliott and Dalesha Smith –16CR1085 (Complicity to Assault in the First Degree, Criminal Abuse in the First Degree, Criminal Abuse in the Second Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree [Elliott Only])
- Mr. Elliott (DOB 10/27/92) and Ms. Smith (DOB 11/06/90) are charged in connection with child physical abuse involving Ms. Smith’s minor child. The allegations include a water burn to the child’s bottom, punching the child in the stomach, stepping on his stomach, and hitting him in the head with a spoon. A pre-trial conference is set for Thursday, June 02, 2016, at 9:30 A.M. in Division 9 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.
Percy A. Phillips – 09CR3016 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr. Phillips (DOB 08/01/64) is charged in connection with the murder of Brenda Whitfield on September 28th, 1993. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Friday, June 3rd at 9:00 a.m. in Division One. Shelly Alvey and Milja Zgonjanin are the prosecutors.
Samuel Barrett – 16CR0485 (Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Four Counts], Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage in Sexual or Other Prohibited Activities, Distribution of Obscene Matter to Minors)
- Mr. Barrett (DOB 10/16/88) is charged in relation to alleged conduct involving a student while Mr. Barrett was a teacher at Fern Creek High School. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for June 03, 2016 at 8:30 A.M. in Division Eight of the Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.
Jason Claude Mathes – 16CR1147 (Robbery in the First Degree—[Seven Counts], Assault in the Second Degree, Theft by Unlawful Taking, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, Criminal Mischief in the Second Degree)
- Mathes (DOB 8/10/79) is charged in connection with various business robberies and one carjacking that occurred between March 30, 2016 and April 21st, 2016. In each robbery the Defendant was armed with a firearm and in one Robbery assaulted one of the clerks who worked at one of the businesses causing injury to her head. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for June 1st at 9:45 a.m. in Division Five. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.