From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: March 7-March 11, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Tony Ludwick- 16CR0546 (Rape in the First Degree, Sexual Abuse in the First Degree, Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Ludwick (DOB 11/24/67) was indicted in connection with a December 10, 2015 event where he forced the victim into her bedroom and held her down on her bed then performed oral and vaginal sexual intercourse with her. When the defendant left the bedroom he took the victim’s cell phone, so she had to run to a neighbor’s house to call police for help. An arraignment is scheduled for Monday, March 7, at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. John Balliet is the prosecutor.
Darjey Walker- 16CR0557 (Criminal Attempt Murder [Two Counts], Assault in the First Degree [Two Counts].
- Mr. Walker (DOB 9/4/93) was indicted in connection with a shooting from October 12, 2015. He shot two victims with a handgun causing serious injuries to both victims. At least one of the victims were friends with the defendant and had planned on meeting with him to play video games. However, instead of video games, he fired multiple shots from a handgun from the driver’s seat of his vehicle at them. The female victim suffered a gunshot wound to her thigh. When she fell, the male victim attempted to assist her and he was struck in the leg by gunfire. The defendant then drove off. Ten spent shell casings were found at the scene. An arraignment is scheduled for Monday, March 7, at 10:30 a.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Travon Harrison & Shajuantia Jackson – 15CR3307 (Complicity to Murder, Complicity to Burglary in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Three Counts], Assault in the Fourth Degree [Jackson Only])
- Mr. Harrison (DOB 04/24/96) and Ms. Jackson (DOB 10/20/90) are charged in connection with the December 10, 2015, shooting death of Tevin Logan. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Friday, March 11, at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Jordan Nance, 13CR2135 (Assault in the First Degree; Criminal Abuse in the First Degree)
- Mr. Nance (DOB 03/09/90) is charged with abusing a 21-month old girl left in his care in January 2013. A total of 19 inflicted injuries were found on the child, including permanently disfiguring burns from scalding hot liquid to her face, throat, neck, shoulders, back and esophagus. A jury trial is scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Erin McKenzie and Shelly Alvey are the prosecutors.
Jerard Garrett & Billy Richardson- 13CR0744 (Murder [Both], Robbery in the First Degree [Both])
- Mr. Garrett (9/24/81) and Mr. Richardson (DOB 9/13/89) are charged with the December 23, 2012, shooting death of Kenneth Forbes, Jr., in a vehicle in the parking lot of the Beverage World located at 4048 Dixie Highway. Trial is scheduled to continue throughout the week in Division 2. Note: this case was previously consolidated with case 13CR0246, and the cases will be tried together. Nick Mudd and Jim Lesousky are the prosecutors.
Jerard Garrett & Billy Richardson- 13CR0246 (Murder [Both], Robbery in the First Degree [Both]; Wanton Endangerment In the First Degree [Garrett Only], Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree [Garrett Only])
- Mr. Garrett (9/24/81) and Mr. Richardson (DOB 9/13/89) are charged with the murder and robbery of Jaime Young on December 29, 2012. Trial is scheduled to continue throughout the week in Division 2. Note: this case was previously consolidated with case 13CR0744, and the cases will be tried together. Nick Mudd and Jim Lesousky are the prosecutors.
Jurmaine Henderson- 15CR0936 (Murder, Failure to Stop and Render Aid/Assistance, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Three Counts], Operating a Motor Vehicle Without an Operator’s License, Failure to Produce Insurance Card, Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Intoxicants- First offense [Aggravated Circumstances], Improper Turn, and Failure to Secure Child in Child Restraint Device [Two Counts])
- Mr. Henderson (DOB 7/3/79) is charged in connection with the March 21, 2015, collision in the 3900 block of Seventh Street Road that resulted in the death of Mr. James Walker, III and risk of death or serious physical to three other people, including two children. A trial is on-going from previous week in Division 10 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey and Elizabeth Jones-Brown are the prosecutors.
William Truss- 12CR1417 (Murder [Two Counts])
- Mr. Truss (DOB 6/14/68) is being tried in connection with an April 29, 2012 shooting. The initial responding officer located a silver 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis; which is registered to the defendant, running, with the head lights. As the officer drove near the vehicle, he noticed a bullet hole in the rear window. The officer checked and found that two victims (one in the driver’s seat and one in the rear passenger side seat) had been shot. A was handgun laying in the front passenger’s seat near the armrest. Both victims were deceased. A Capital Murder Trial is scheduled to begin Friday, March 4 and run for approximately two weeks in Division 9 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Frank Dahl and Ebert Haegele are the prosecutors.