From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: March 14-March 18, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Tymarius Rashaun Malone and Rufus Antonio Hodges – 14CR0649 (Robbery in the First Degree [Both], Assault I [Malone Only], Robbery in the First Degree, Assault in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Wanton Endangerment I [Three Counts])
- Mr. Malone (DOB 5/26/94) and an unknown accomplice entered the home of Bridget King-Daily on West Burnett on December 17, 2013, and robbed Ms. King-Daily with a handgun. They fired a shot through the wall endangering Ms. King-Daily, her father Mr. King, and her granddaughter (age 5). Mr. Malone was on probation for a robbery at the time. On January 11, 2014, Tymarius Malone and Rufus Hodges entered the home of Johnathon Joyner on Fordson Way and robbed Mr. Joyner, shooting him in his right shoulder. The defendants were sentenced today in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Malone was sentenced to a total of twenty years; Mr. Hodges to ten years. (Mr. Malone will return to Circuit Court at a later date to face charges involved in the multi-defendant assault in the jail.) Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
John Zachery Ganobcik – 16CR0286 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Kidnapping, Robbery in the First Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree).
- Mr. Ganobcik (DOB 10/24/88) is charged in relation to the events surrounding his attack upon a female leaving her downtown place of employment at approximately 6:00 p.m. on January 26, 2016. These offenses occurred in the parking Garage located at 425 South 5th Street. Mr. Ganobcik is scheduled to be in court on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson County Circuit Court for arraignment and a pretrial conference. Stacy Greive and Joshua Waldrop are the prosecutors.
James Morris – 15CR0411 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder)
- James Morris (DOB 10/21/98) is charged with Murder and Criminal Attempt Murder in connection with the Murder of Shavon Ross a 16 year old female and Attempted Murder of Keijuan Scott on November 29, 2014 at 657 S. 24th A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Friday March 18th, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. in Division One of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Paul Raque – 16CR0590 (Assault in the First Degree, Criminal Abuse in the First Degree)
- Mr. Raque (DOB 03/23/91) is charged in connection with the January 8, 2016 assault of a nine month old baby. A pretrial conference and bond hearing are scheduled for Friday, March 18, 2016 at 9:45 am in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Brian Ernest Jones – 16CR0391 (Robbery in the First Degree [Six Counts], Theft by Unlawful Taking Firearm, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Brian Ernest Jones (DOB 11/8/86) is charged with six counts of Robbery in the First Degree that stem from two business robberies and four street robberies in late 2015 and early 2016. Defendant Jones is a three time convicted felon. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Wednesday March 16th, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
James M. Spaulding – 16CR0358 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary In the First Degree, Criminal Attempt Burglary In the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment In the First Degree [Four Counts], Tampering With Physical Evidence, Fleeing or Evading Police In the First Degree, Assault In the Third Degree and Criminal Mischief in the First Degree).
- Mr. Spaulding (DOB 06/16/83) is charged in relation to the shooting death of store employee Denny Davis at the Stop-n-Go Liquor and Convenience Store located at 427 Warnock Street on February 4, 2016. After shooting Mr. Davis and shooting at another employee in the store, Mr. Spaulding fled the store and attempted to unlawfully enter nearby residences. When he could not get into the residences, he fired the gun into one of the residences and endangered the lives of several people inside. He was eventually arrested in the middle of Interstate 65 South after he led law enforcement on a chase after fleeing the Warnock Street area. Mr. Spaulding is scheduled to be in court for a pretrial conference on March 17, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Alex Gaddis are the prosecutors.
Quinn Chandler – 14CR2937, 15CR0953 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree)
- Mr. Chandler (DOB 07/07/92) was convicted at jury trial of Robbery in the 1st Degree, Burglary in the 1st Degree, and Reckless Homicide in connection for a home invasion robbery he committed on November 5, 2013. During the robbery, the victim, Carey Bush, was strangled to death at his home on 4148 Hickman Ave. After the jury verdict the penalty phase was settled for 22 years. The Sentencing will occur on March 14, 2016 at 9:00 in Jefferson County Circuit Court Division 8. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Critt Cunningham are the prosecutors.
Deveron Shively – 14CR0117 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon, and Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Shively (DOB 3/27/91) was found guilty at trial that began on Monday, February 1, 2016, with the December 20, 2013, attempted murder of Misty Shirley near Darnton Lane. The defendant shot her multiple times and disposed of the gun afterwards. The jury recommended a sentence of 20 years. Sentencing is scheduled for March 18, 2016, at 8:30am in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey and Molly Cassady are the prosecutors.
Tyron A. Wilcox – 16CR0612 (Assault in the First Degree, Criminal Attempt Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Wilcox (DOB 11/27/80) on March 3, 2016 after a verbal argument, intentionally pointed a firearm at Juneo Cosby and shot him. Mr. Cosby was struck by the projectiles in the left side of his head, shoulder, and back causing serious physical injury. A bond hearing is scheduled for March 15, 2016 at 9:15 in Div. 6 of Jefferson County Circuit Court. Critt Cunningham is the prosecutor.
Jerard Garrett & Billy Richardson- 13CR0744 (Murder [Both], Robbery in the First Degree [Both])
- Mr. Garrett (9/24/81) and Mr. Richardson (DOB 9/13/89) are charged with the December 23, 2012, shooting death of Kenneth Forbes, Jr., in a vehicle in the parking lot of the Beverage World located at 4048 Dixie Highway. Trial is scheduled to continue throughout the week in Division 2. Note: this case was previously consolidated with case 13CR0246, and the cases will be tried together. Nick Mudd and Jim Lesousky are the prosecutors.
Jerard Garrett & Billy Richardson- 13CR0246 (Murder [Both], Robbery in the First Degree [Both]; Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Garrett Only], Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree [Garrett Only])
- Mr. Garrett (9/24/81) and Mr. Richardson (DOB 9/13/89) are charged with the murder and robbery of Jaime Young on December 29, 2012. Trial is scheduled to continue throughout the week in Division 2. Note: this case was previously consolidated with case 13CR0744, and the cases will be tried together. Nick Mudd and Jim Lesousky are the prosecutors.
William Truss- 12CR1417 (Murder [Two Counts])
- Mr. Truss (DOB 6/14/68) is being tried in connection with an April 29, 2012 shooting. The initial responding officer located a silver 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis; which is registered to the defendant, running, with the head lights. As the officer drove near the vehicle, he noticed a bullet hole in the rear window. The officer checked and found that two victims (one in the driver’s seat and one in the rear passenger side seat) had been shot. A was handgun laying in the front passenger’s seat near the armrest. Both victims were deceased. A Capital Murder Trial is scheduled to begin Friday, March 4 and run for approximately two weeks in Division 9 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Frank Dahl and Ebert Haegele are the prosecutors.