From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
PDF download of this document
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: March 28-April 8, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Dustin Kimberlin, William Kimberlin & Justin Kimberlin – 16CR0747 (Burglary in the First Degree [Dustin Only], Burglary in the Second Degree [Dustin Only, Twenty One Counts], Complicity Burglary in the Second Degree [Two Counts], Complicity Receiving Stolen Property over $500 but under $10,000 [Two Counts], Criminal Attempt Burglary in the Second Degree [Dustin Only, Two Counts], Criminal Mischief III [Dustin Only], Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree [Dustin Only])
- Dustin Kimberlin (02/03/89) was indicted this week in connection with a string of break-ins occurring between December 2015 and February 2016. His brother William Kimberlin (11/26/89) is charged with aiding Dustin in two of those break-ins, as well as taking stolen property on one occasion. Their brother, Justin Kimberlin (02/03/89), is charged with taking and pawning stolen property on one occasion. All of the charged burglaries occurred in Louisville’s East End. An arraignment is scheduled for Monday, March 28, at 2:00 p.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kaleb Noblett is the prosecutor.
George T. Slaughter- 16CR0409 (Murder [Three Counts]; Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon; Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Slaughter (DOB 10/16/89) is charged in the February 13, 2016 shooting deaths of Douglas Weber, Elizabeth Draper, and William Neal at 4222 Wheeler Avenue. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled to take place Weds 3/30 at 10:00 a.m. in Division One. Erin McKenzie is the prosecutor.
Antwan Tinker- 15 CR 0029 (Rape 1st [Three Counts]; Sodomy 1st [Two Counts]; Robbery in the First Degree; Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree; Assault 4th; Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Tinker (DOB: 10/05/82) is charged with a series of forcible rapes and sodomies of multiple victims, committed inside his creepy van over a two month period in the Old Louisville and South Louisville/Churchill Downs areas. A hearing pretrial conference is scheduled for Tuesday, March 29, 2016, at 9:15 a.m. in Division Twelve. Erin McKenzie and Shelly Alvey are the prosecutors.
Jeffery Scott Jr – 15CR0847 (Attempted Murder and Assault in the First Degree)
- Scott (DOB 12/2/86) is charged with Attempted Murder and Assault in the First Degree for a domestic violence incident which occurred on Friday, March 20, 2015, in Jefferson Memorial Forest. Mr. Scott is alleged to have struck his girlfriend multiple times in the head with a hammer causing significant and life-threatening injuries. A Pretrial Conference has been scheduled for Monday, March 28, at 10:00, in Division Twelve. Nathan Batey is the prosecutor.
David T. Satterfield, Jr.- 14CR0326 (Murder)
- Satterfield (DOB 12/28/79) is charged in connection with the August 6, 2007, death of Ms. Marcelline Vale at the Parkway Medical Center. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Thursday, March 31, 2016, at 10:30 a.m. in Division Nine of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Albert A. Johnson- 16CR0778 (Rape in the First Degree, Kidnapping, Assault in the First Degree, and Failure to Comply with the Sex Offender Registration in the First Degree)
- Johnson (DOB 05/15/81) is charged in connection with a violent sexual assault which caused significant injuries. Mr. Johnson is alleged to have also been non-compliant with the Sex Offender Registry on which is a lifetime registrant. Mr. Johnson was arraigned in Division Two on Friday March 25, 2015. A Pretrial Conference has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 3, at 9:15, in Division Two. Nathan Batey is the prosecutor.
Roland Hedgespeth Jr., 16CR0237 (Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Thirty Counts], DUI 2nd Offense, No Insurance, and Criminal Mischief in the Third Degree)
- Hedgespeth (DOB 12/28/67) is charged in connection with driving under the influence of alcohol and colliding with a school bus which was transporting twenty-eight children and two adults. A Pretrial Conference has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 30, at 10:00, in Division One. Nathan Batey is the prosecutor.
Bairon Solorzano Viero- 14CR2547 (Burglary in the Second Degree [Two Counts])
- Viero (DOB: 11/10/94) is charged with breaking into a home located at 610 Old Harrods Creek Road on June 26, 2014. The defendant sold various items that were taken from the home at a pawn shop shortly after the burglary. Additionally the defendant is charged with breaking into a home located at 9507 Whipps Mill Road on July 1, 2014. Again, the defendant sold the items taken at a pawn shop shortly after the burglary. A trial is scheduled March 29th at 9:45 in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Cortney Hardin is the prosecutor.
Keith Ford- 13CR1329 (Receiving Stolen Property over $500)
- Ford (DOB 4/22/62) is charged in connection with a March 4, 2013 incident where he was found in possession of stolen property taken from a storage unit. A trial is scheduled to take place Tuesday, March 29, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. in Division Four of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan W. Becker is the prosecutor.
Kevin Franklin- 14CR1318 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, and Tampering With Physical Evidence)
- Franklin (DOB 7/31/91) is charged for the March 10, 2014, shooting death of Nicholas Baker. Franklin is alleged to have shot Mr. Baker at the parking lot located at 12400 Parkfield Road. Trial is scheduled to begin Tuesday, March 29, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Division Thirteen. Nick Mudd is the prosecutor.