From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: February 1-February 5, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past Week)
Quinn Chandler – 14CR2937, 15CR0953 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree)
- Mr. Chandler (DOB 07/07/22) was convicted at jury trial of Robbery in the 1st Degree, Burglary in the 1st Degree, and Reckless Homicide in connection for a home invasion robbery he committed on November 5, 2013. During the robbery, the victim, Carey Bush, was strangled to death at his home on 4148 Hickman Ave. After the jury verdict the penalty phase was settled for 22 years. The Sentencing will occur on March 14, 2016 at 9:00 in Jefferson County Circuit Court Division 8. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Critt Cunningham are the prosecutors.
Derek Roark – 15CR2875 (Tampering with Physical Evidence, Abuse of a Corpse, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Roark (DOB 10/15/76) is charged with placing the body of Jeffrey Kingdon (DOB 11/30/59) in a box he built for that purpose, and then dumping the box containing Mr. Kingdon’s body in an uninhabited wooded area near South Park Road, sometime between October 10 and October 13, 2015. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Friday, February 5, 2016, at 9:15 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Carlos Beauchamp, Jaquae Sanders, & Luretta Lynn Todd – 14CR1561 (Complicity to Murder [All], Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon [Beauchamp Only])
- Mr. Beauchamp (DOB 5/12/81), Mr. Sanders (DOB 9/21/93), and Ms. Todd (DOB 3/19/85) are charged in connection with the June 3, 2014, shooting death of Keith Lane in the 1100 block of South 8th Street. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled for Friday, February 5 at 9:45 a.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey and Stacy Grieve are the prosecutors.
Allison Moseley- 15CR2159 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Two Counts], Operating a Motor Vehicle under the Influence of Intoxicants)
- Ms. Moseley (DOB 10/12/93) has been indicted in relation to a collision that occurred on I-264 on June 21, 2015 that resulted in the death of Cody Beard. A pretrial conference has been scheduled for Monday, February 1 at 9:00 a.m.in Division 10. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Nathan Doss- 14CR2604 (Manslaughter in the Second Degree [Three Counts], Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Three Counts], Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Doss (DOB 9/25/81) has been indicted for causing a collision at the intersection of Lower Hunters Trace and Greenbelt Highway on September 28, 2014, that resulted in the deaths of Gary Miller, Heather Smith and Stevie Smith, and created a danger of death or serious physical injury to other drivers. A pretrial conference is scheduled for February 2 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 6. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Antwan Tinker, 15 CR 0029 (Rape in the First Degree [Four Counts], Sodomy in the First Degree [Two Counts]), Robbery in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Assault 4th, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Tinker (DOB: 10/05/82) is charged with a series of forcible rapes and sodomies of multiple victims, committed inside his creepy van over a two month period in the Old Louisville and South Louisville/Churchill Downs areas. A hearing on pretrial motions and the defendant’s motion for bond reduction is scheduled for Tuesday, February 2, 2016, at 10:30 a.m. in Division Twelve. Erin McKenzie is the prosecutor.
Cornelius Miller- 15CR2387 (Rape in the First Degree [Two Counts], Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Miller (DOB 4/8/59) has been indicted for two sexual assaults that occurred on August 21, 2015 at Louisville Memorial Gardens Cemetery and on September 1, 2015 at Bethany Lane Cemetery. A pretrial conference is scheduled for February 3, 2016 at 10:15 a.m. in Division 5. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Edward Raymond Baker III and Danielle Elizabeth Boucher- 15CR1735 (Torture of a Dog with Serious Physical Injury or Death [Six Counts])
- Mr. Baker (DOB 3/22/93) and Ms. Boucher (DOB 5/29/89) are charged in connection with the deaths of five dogs and the serious physical injury to another. A hearing is scheduled for Thursday, February 4, at 10:00 a.m. in Division Six of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan W. Becker is the prosecutor.
Decoco Blincoe – 14CR2695 (Robbery in the First Degree [Three Counts]), Burglary in the First Degree, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, and Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- On August 15, 2014, defendants Decoco Blincoe (DOB 05/11/95) and Terrence Towns (DOB 12/12/95) unlawfully entered 3509 Grand Avenue. Blincoe was armed with a shotgun and Towns was armed with a handgun. They robbed a bedridden quadriplegic man of $2,000 and another man of a cell phone. On August 22, 2014, at 1763 Dumnesnil Street in Jefferson County, Kentucky, defendant Blincoe robbed a man of $350 with a shotgun. On August 26, 2014, defendant Blincoe was in possession of a shotgun in his waist band which he threw when police approached. He fled through a fenced-in yard and was arrested in the 100 block of N. 20th Street. The shotgun had the buttstock and barrel sawed down. Jury trial is scheduled for February 2, 2016 at 9:30 am in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alex Gaddis and Justin Janes are the prosecutors.
Deveron Shively – 14CR0117 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, and Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon)
- Mr. Shively (DOB 3/27/91), is charged with the December 20, 2013, robbery and attempted murder of Misty Shirley near Darnton Lane. The defendant shot her multiple times and fled the scene taking her cell phone. A Trial is scheduled to begin on Monday, February 1, 2016, at 1:00 p.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Leslee E. Wagner – 15CR0036 (Perjury in the First Degree)
- LMPD Officer Wagner (DOB 9/19/80) is charged with perjury in connection with her January 9, 2014, Jefferson County Grand Jury testimony against Adam J. Hannahs. The Commonwealth contends that a video recording revealed Officer Wagner did not testify truthfully to the facts surrounding Mr. Hannahs’ case. Officer Leslee Wagner was the only witness to testify before the grand jury and the indictment of Mr. Hannahs is believed to have been based on her false and misleading testimony. Trial is set on Tuesday, February 2, 2016, at 9:30 A.M. in Division 9. The case was previously tried in August of 2015, and the jury was unable to reach a verdict. Emily Cecil and Critt Cunningham are the prosecutors.
Eugene Baker -12cr3691 (Murder, Robbery 1st Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon [Baker only])
- Mr. Baker (DOB 3/15/85) is charged with entering the apartment of the victim, Dominic Hudson at the Brookview Apartment Complex off of St. Andrews Church Road on August 25, 2007. Baker then shot him in the back of the head causing Hudson’s death. The defendant then removed an undetermined amount of marijuana and cash from the apartment and fled by vehicle. He then disposed of the handgun used to commit the crime. A jury in January of this year previously hung as to his guilt. Trial is set on Tuesday, February 2, 2016, at 10:00 A.M. in Division 11. The case was previously tried in January of 2015, and the jury was unable to reach a verdict. Nick Mudd and Shelly Alvey are the prosecutors.