From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: December 21, 2015 – January 1, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past Week)
Thomas Terry – 12CR3356 (Burglary 1st, Assault 1st, Wanton Endangerment 1st)
- Mr. Terry (DOB 02/15/86) unlawfully entered a residence for purposes of stealing valuables. He held the victim homeowner at gunpoint and forced her into her bedroom. The victim’s husband returned home during the invasion; he was knocked to the ground and shot by Mr. Terry who then fled the scene. At trial, the defendant was found guilty on all counts and was sentenced to Eleven Years by the jury. Rob Eggert was the defense attorney. Alex Gaddis and Elizabeth Jones-Brown were the prosecutors.
Gary Earkman- 15CR3219 (Burglary in the Second Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Earkman (DOB 7/10/79) pleaded guilty on December 15, 2015 in Division 3. Mr. Earkman violently assaulted the victim on August 9, 2015. Mr. Earkman strangled the victim, causing a brain hemorrhage and petechiae to the upper palate and eye. Mr. Earkman agreed to not seek probation and was sentenced to six years to serve. Courtney Straw was the prosecutor.
Sherese Lanee Banks- 15CR2375 (Willfully Prepared False Individual Income Tax Returns)
- Ms. Banks (DOB 07/03/85) pleaded guilty on December 18, 2015, in Division 11 of the Jefferson Circuit Court to 16 counts of willfully preparing false individual income tax returns. Ms. Banks prepared state tax returns for individuals and would submit them to the State. However, they were submitted with fabricated information on them resulting in a larger return to the individuals than they were entitled to. Ms. Banks was sentenced to one year on supervised diversion and cannot prepare anyone’s tax returns other than her own for three years. Ryan W. Becker is the prosecutor.
Erick D. Richie- 15CR3300 ([Twenty Count Indictment] Primarily involving Trafficking Offenses)
- Mr. Richie (02/01/95) will be arraigned into Jefferson County Circuit Court Division 2, in connection with multiple narcotics trafficking offenses. Frank Dahl is the prosecutor.
Derrick Johnson- 15CR2916 (Fetal Homicide I, Assault I [Four Counts]), Wanton Endangerment I, No Insurance, DUI-1st Aggravating Circumstances).
- Mr. Johnson (DOB 05/15/80) is charged in connection with a motor vehicle crash which occurred on or about October 25, 2015, resulting in serious physical injury to four people and the death of a fetus. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Monday, December 21, 2015 at 10:30 A.M. in Circuit Court Division Nine. Nathan Batey is the prosecutor.
Ashish Parekh- 15CR2667 (Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage in Sexual or Other Prohibited Activities)
- Mr. Parekh (DOB 4/22/82) is charged with Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage in Sexual or Other Prohibited Activities. Mr. Parekh is accused of answering a Craig’s List ad, corresponding with and later arranging to meet for sexual contact, a person who he believed to be a 15 year old female. That person was in fact an investigator with the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Monday, December 21, 2015 at 9:00 in Division Nine of Jefferson Circuit Court. Adrienne Henderson is the prosecutor.
Travon Harrison & Shajuantia Jackson- 15CR3307 (Complicity to Murder, Complicity to Burglary I, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Wanton Endangerment I [Three Counts], Assault IV [Jackson Only])
- Mr. Harrison (DOB 04/24/96) and Ms. Jackson (DOB 10/20/90) are charged in connection with the December 10, 2015, shooting death of Tevin Logan. They were arraigned on December 18, 2015. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Thursday, February 11, at 9:30 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Allen Lehmann – 14CR1393 (Sodomy in the First Degree [Two Counts], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Seven Counts])
- Mr. Lehmann (DOB 6/8/38) is charged with sodomizing and sexually abusing three girls under the age of twelve. Mr. Lehmann will appear in court for a hearing regarding evidence of prior child sexual abuse and access to confidential records. The hearing will take place December 28, 2015. The trial is set for February 2, 2016, in Jefferson County Circuit Court Division 1. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Brian Edmonds- 12CR0097 (Murder [Two Counts], Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Edmonds (08/05/93) is the defendant in a Capital Murder Trial for two homicides that occurred on December 10, 2011, when two men, Curtis H. Smith and Deshone Alexander Henry were shot to death in their vehicle near 1521 Beech Street. The trial will be entering its 3rd week on Monday, December 21st 2015, in Jefferson County Circuit Court Division 5. Frank Dahl and Josh Porter are the prosecutors.