From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: November 30 – December 4, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past week)
Dante Beausejour, Khalid Raheem, Keiondre Smith – 15CR3026 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree [Four Counts], Criminal Mischief 1st Degree [Two Counts], and Possession of Marijuana with A Firearm)
- Defendant Beausejour (DOB 8/28/94), Defendant Raheem (DOB 7/15/96), and Defendant Smith (DOB 12/28/96) are charged in connection to the November 6th 2015 shooting of Maurcie Odell Gilmore at 643 S. 39th Street. At the time of the shooting Mr. Gilmore was on his front porch while his girlfriend and her children were inside the residence. The Defendants are alleged to have fired shots not only at the victim but also into the residence where the children and girlfriend were located. Bullet holes from the shooting were found in the walls in the children’s bedroom. The arraignment was held November 23, 2015; the next pretrial will be on February 16th, 2016 in Division One at 10:00 am. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Lavarr Melton and Robert Short- 14CR2288 & 14CR2449 (Robbery in the First Degree [Nine Counts], Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon [Melton only], Receiving Stolen Property [Melton only], Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Defendants Melton (DOB 3/4/1987) and Short (8/1/1979) are charged in connection with nine convenience store robberies which occurred from July 10, 2014 through August 26, 2014 at various locations in Jefferson County. A pre-trial conference was conducted on November 24th, 2015. The next event is scheduled for January 13, 2016 at 10:00 am, in Division Four. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
William T. Mattingly – 15CR3102 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder and Persistent Felony Offender First Degree)
- Mr. Mattingly (DOB 05/09/1975) is charged with the murder of Thomas Grismer and the attempted Murder of Christopher Bloyd on November 13, 2015 at the Red Roof Inn located on Preston Highway. His arrangement is scheduled for Monday, November 30th at 1:30 pm in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Chris Foster are the prosecutors.
Kelly Lynn South- 15CR2846 (Incest, Sodomy in the First Degree [Two Counts], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Five Counts]).
- Ms. South (DOB 1/6/77) is charged with sexually abusing a child over a three year period. Ms. South will appear for a pre-trial conference in Division 6 on Friday, December 4, 2015 at 9:30 am. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Jeffery Martin- 15CR2325 (Distribution of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor [Eight Counts]; Possession of Matter Portraying Sexual Performance by a Minor [Twenty Counts]).
- Mr. Martin (DOB 3/3/70) was charged following a Kentucky State Police investigation for distribution and possession of child pornography. Files discovered in the investigation include images and videos of victims as young as approximately three years of age. Mr. Martin will appear for a pre-trial conference in Division 10 on December 2, 2015 at 9:30 am. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Kalief A. Cummings- 15CR2303 (Assault in the First Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Cummings (DOB 12/11/69) is charged with stabbing two sisters who were in town for a bachelorette party. The incident occurred on August 23, 2015, near Second and Liberty Streets. A pretrial conference is scheduled for December 2nd at 9:00 in Division Thirteen of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Jerome Ford, John Thomas Burriell, Shawn Moore, and Robert Parr- 15CR2465 (Robbery in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by A Convicted Felon, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree [Burriel Only])
- Ford, Burriell, Moore, and Parr are charged in connection with the Robbery of Mr. Dwayne Barker wherein the Defendants are accused of violently robbing Mr. Barker when Mr. Barker would not relinquish his motorcycle gang vest. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Tuesday December 1, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in Division Two of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Dayarick Devon Booker- 13CR3130 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Booker (DOB 4/25/97) was convicted at trial for the October 29, 2012, robbery of Ms. Cynthia Johnson on West Broadway near Lindell Avenue. During the robbery, Ms. Johnson was shot and killed by another suspect. A shock probation hearing will be held on November 30th at 10:00 in Division Eleven of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Anthony Johnson- 14CR2324 (Murder, Possession of A Firearm By a Convicted Felon, Tampering With Physical Evidence, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Criminal Mischief, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree).
- Anthony Johnson, (DOB 4/28/86) is charged in connection with the Murder of Lester Pernell on August 8, 2014 in the 1100 block of Fisk Court. A trial is scheduled for December 1, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. in Division One. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.