From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: November 16 – November 20, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past week)
Kevin Chapman- 15CR1974 (Burglary III [2 counts], Official Misconduct I, Possession of Burglar’s Tools)
- Mr. Chapman (DOB 3/17/70) is a code enforcement officer. He entered a plea agreement receiving 5 years probated for 4 years. Steve Blandford was the prosecutor.
Jeffrey Wayne Sykes, II- 15CR2992 (Robbery in the First Degree and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Sykes (DOB 2/9/90) is charged with robbing the Fifth Third Bank at 4th and Liberty Streets on November 5, 2015, just before 10:00 a.m.. He was arrested in the parking garage of the Hyatt Regency Hotel about two hours later. An indictment has been returned by the Jefferson County Grand Jury. Arraignment is scheduled for November 16th at 9:00 in Division 2. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Fahed Abu Diab, Fatima Abu-Diab, Tyrone Thomas, Tony Ha, and Tobias Enix– 15CR1332 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree [14 counts])
- Fahed Abu Diab (DOB 8/01/96), Fatima Abu-Diab (DOB 10/14/94), Tyrone Thomas (11/10/95), Tony Ha (DOB 12/25/95), and Tobias Enix (DOB 10/29/98) are charged in connection with a string of 14 robberies in the Louisville area from May 1st 2015 through May 3, 2015. During the commission of one of the robberies Scott Hunter, a Canadian citizen visiting Louisville for the Kentucky Derby, was shot and killed. Defendant Fahed Abu Diab, Fatima Abu-Diab, and Tyrone Thomas are charged in connection with the Robbery and Murder of Mr. Hunter. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Thursday November 19th at 11:00 a.m. in Division Six of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey and Elizabeth Jones Brown are the prosecutors.
William Crockett- 15CR0057 (Murder, Burglary I)
- Mr. Crockett (DOB 12/19/61) is charged in connection with the January 1, 2015, shooting death of Anna Fisher. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Tuesday, November 17, at 10:00 a.m. in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Peggy Banks and Michael Milan- 14CR2824 (Torture of a Dog or Cat with Serious Physical Injury or Death [Two Counts])
- Peggy Banks (DOB 9/13/83) and Michael Milan (DOB 11/11/76) charged in connection with depriving their two Pomeranian dogs of food and water in order to starve them to death. On November 14, 2013, Mr. Milan brought the dead dogs to Metro Animal Services to be disposed of, claiming that that they had died from eating Halloween candy. Necropsies revealed no indication they had consumed any candy, and that they had died from sever malnourishment and dehydration. The final pretrial conference is scheduled for Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 3. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
Jurmaine Henderson- 15CR0936 (Murder, Failure to Stop and Render Aid/Assistance, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Three counts], Operating a Motor Vehicle Without an Operator’s License, Failure to Produce Insurance Card, Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Intoxicants- First offense [Aggravated Circumstances], Improper Turn, and Failure to Secure Child in Child Restraint Device [Two Counts])
- Mr. Henderson (DOB 7/3/79) is charged in connection with the March 21, 2015, collision in the 3900 block of Seventh Street Road that resulted in the death of Mr. James Walker, III and risked the lives of three other people, including two children. A hearing on various motions including a Motion to Dismiss is scheduled for Tuesday, November 17, at 11:00 a.m. in Division 10 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mrs. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
James R. Vinson- 15CR2367 (Arson in the First Degree and Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Three Counts])
- Mr. Vinson (DOB 2/17/82) is charged in connection with an intentionally set fire that occurred on August 30, 2015 at 4100 South Brook Street. The home was occupied by three residents at the time, including two disabled adults. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Friday, November 20, at 9:00 a.m. in Division Twelve of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Erin McKenzie is the prosecutor.
Carlos Stone- 15CR2670 (Murder and Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Stone (DOB 01/04/77) is charged in connection with the September 29, 2015, shooting death of Annquonette Starr. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Wednesday, November 18, at 9:30 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Wayne L. Duke- 15CR1067 (Murder and Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Duke (DOB 8/30/57) has been indicted for shooting death of Mr. Jonny L. Buckley III. Mr. Duke is alleged to have shot Mr. Buckley with a shotgun on April 9, 2015. Mr. Buckley succumbed to his injuries the next day. A suppression hearing is scheduled for Friday, November 20, 2015, at 10:30 a.m. in Division Four. Mr. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
Edward Raymond Baker, III and Danielle Elizabeth Boucher- 15CR1735 (Torture of a Dog with Serious Physical Injury or Death [Six Counts])
- Mr. Baker (DOB 3/22/93) and Ms. Boucher (DOB 5/29/89) are charged in connection with the deaths of five dogs and the serious physical injury to another. A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, November 17, at 11:00 a.m. in Division Six of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan W. Becker is the prosecutor.
Steven Zapata, 13CR2075 (Murder)
- Mr. Zapata (DOB 08/29/59) is charged in connection with the July 25, 2013 death of Tondelia Zapata. Mr. Zapata previously entered a guilty plea on October 28, 2015. His sentencing is scheduled for Friday, December 11, 2015 at 9:00a.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Zapata has made a motion to withdraw his guilty plea. A hearing on the motion will be held on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 8:30a.m. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.
Frank Braugher- 14CR2555 (Robbery in the First Degree [2 counts])
- Mr. Braugher (DOB 6/11/70) is charged in connection with the Robbery of a Burger King on Dixie Highway on July 17, 2014. A trial is scheduled for Monday, November 16, at 11:00 a.m. in Division Four of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan W. Becker is the prosecutor.
Stratford Young- 14CR0057 (Rape in the Third Degree and Sodomy in the Third Degree [2 counts])
- Mr. Young (DOB 11/10/80), a Kentucky State Trooper, is charged with having sexual relations with a 15-year-old female between May 22, 2013 and July 31, 2013. On October 1, 2015, Mr. Young pled guilty to Unlawful Transaction with Minor in the 2nd Degree, a Class D felony. His sentencing is scheduled for Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in Meade Circuit Court. Tom Wine and Diane Arnold have been appointed as special prosecutors in this case.