From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: November 2 – November 6, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past week)
Kelly Lynn South – 15CR2846 (Incest, Sodomy I (Two Counts), Sex Abuse I (Five Counts))
- Ms. South (DOB 01/06/77) was indicted by the Jefferson County Grand Jury on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 for admitted sexual contact with her son while he was between the ages of four and seven years old. When indicted, the Grand Jury Judge issued an arrest warrant that was executed on Tuesday, October 27, 2015. Ms. South was arraigned Wednesday, October 28, 2015 in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. A pre-trial conference is set for December 14, 2015 at 9:30. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Derek Roark – 15CR2875 (Tampering with Physical Evidence, Abuse of a Corpse, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Roark (DOB 10/15/76) is charged with placing the body of Jeffrey Kingdon (DOB 11/30/59) in a box he built for that purpose, and then dumping the box containing Mr. Kingdon’s body in an uninhabited wooded area near South Park Road, sometime between October 10 and October 13, 2015. This case was indicted by the Jefferson County Grand Jury on October 29 and Mr. Roark was arraigned today. A pretrial conference has been scheduled for December 9, 2015 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Ronda Ann Salter – 15CR1584 (Arson in the Second Degree, Burglary in the Second Degree, Torture of a Dog or Cat with Serious Physical Injury or Death, Arson in the Third Degree and Tampering with Physical Evidence).
- Ronda Ann Salter (DOB 12/22/1986) was charged in connection with the arson of a home located at 1342 Berry Blvd., in which she rented a room. Ms. Salter pledpleaded guilty to the indictment as charged against her in Division 5 of the Jefferson Circuit Court on Friday, October 30, 2015. She agreed to serve a 13-year sentence. Her sentencing will be held in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court on December 17, 2015 at 9:45 a.m. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
Shadi Abdel Fattah Alfouri, Naser Alfawair, Mohammed Faory, Thamir Faory, Fadi Faori, Kassim Mohammed – 15CR2855 (Criminal Syndication, Engaging in Organized Crime; Unlawful Use or Investment of Drug Related Income, Criminal Simulation in the First Degree, Trafficking in Synthetic Drugs, Illegal Use or Possession of Drug Paraphernalia).
- The defendants Alfouri (DOB 11/22/85), Alfawair (DOB 05/11/68), M. Faory (DOB 06/01/65), T. Faory (DOB 05/11/91), Faori (DOB 04/26/83) and Mohammed (DOB 05/01/90) are charged with selling and providing large amounts of synthetic drugs (aka “Spice”) through “smoke shops” in the Louisville community, in addition to possessing and selling large amounts of drug paraphernalia and other items. The defendants are scheduled to be arraigned at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, November 2nd, 2015 in Division 4 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Frank Dahl is the prosecutor.
Deontae D. Yarnell – 15CR2214 (Murder)
- Mr. Yarnell (DOB 7/23/1993), is charged with the August 8, 2015, shooting death of Mr. Deandre Murphy near 5241 Halsey Court. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled for Thursday, November 5, 2015, at 8:45 a.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Christopher L. McCullum – 15CR0968 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. McCullum (DOB 2/21/72) is charged in connection with the February 21, 2015, shooting death of Mukhtar Ahmad on I-71. A competency hearing is scheduled on Friday, November 6, 2015, at 1:30p.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Anthony Lashaun Chinn – 14CR3379/15CR2662 (Robbery in the First Degree, Assault in the First Degree, Criminal Attempt Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Chinn (DOB 10/23/77) is charged with involvement in a November 11, 2014 shooting that occurred on the 600 block of South 39th A trial is scheduled for Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in Division Seven of Jefferson Circuit Court. Brenton Stanley is the prosecutor.
Tevin Antoine – 14CR2666 (Robbery I (4 counts))
- Mr. Antoine (DOB 08/29/92) is charged in relation to four business robberies which all occurred within one hour on October 5, 2014. He is the first of three co-defendants to be tried for the charges. A jury trial is scheduled for Monday, November 2, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Steve Blandford and Jim Lesousky are the prosecutors.