From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: October 26 – October 30, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past week)
Heather Lovy, Sonny Tweedy and Tyler Tweedy 15CR1752 (Complicity to Burglary in the Second Degree (2 counts S. Tweedy and 2 counts S. Tweedy and T. Tweedy), Burglary in the Second Degree (1 count S. Tweedy), Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree (1 count T. Tweedy), and Receiving Stolen Property (1 count Lovy and 1 count S. Tweedy), Tampering with Physical Evidence (1 count Lovy and T. Tweedy), Facilitation to Burglary in the Second Degree (1 count Lovy) and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree (1 count S. Tweedy)).
- Father and son, Sonny Tweedy (DOB 5/2/1972) and Tyler Tweedy (DOB 11/12/1993) were charged in connection with multiple burglaries that occurred on Eastern Parkway, in Audubon Park, and the Highlands. Two children were hiding in an upstairs bathroom during the last burglary. The children called 911, and when the police arrived, Tyler Tweedy fled in a car, and Sonny Tweedy was apprehended after jumping out of a second floor window. Tyler’s girlfriend, Heather Lovy (DOB 1/29/1994) was found to be in possession of more than $500 worth of belongings stolen from the Tweedys’ victims. The defendants entered guilty pleas on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Sonny Tweedy agreed to an 11 year sentence which he also agreed to begin serving immediately. Tyler Tweedy agreed to a 5 year sentence and will be formally sentenced on December 4, 2015 at 9:15 a.m. Lovy agreed to a 3 year sentence and was allowed to enter the diversion program. The defendants also agreed to pay restitution to the victims as a part of their plea agreements. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
James O’Bannon – 14CR0776 (Murder, Assault in the First Degree (3 counts), Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence 2nd offense, Possession of Marijuana, No Insurance and Persistent Felony Offender First Degree)
- Mr. O’Bannon (DOB 02/18/1963) is charged in relation to a fatal collision that occurred on March 14, 2014, which resulted in the death of 5-month old Ivani Ingram, and caused serious injuries to other passengers in the vehicle. On Thursday, October 22, 2015 O’Bannon was found guilty of Murder, Assault in the First Degree (2 counts), Assault in the Second Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree ( 2 counts), Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Intoxicants and Possession of Marijuana and also found to be a Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree following a jury trial in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. The jury recommended a sentence of 25 years. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Daniel L. Colvin – 15CR2729 (Assault II and Criminal Abuse I)
- Mr. Colvin (DOB 8/18/1988) is charged with injuring his two month old infant. The infant was found to have two lacerations to her head, a fractured skull, and several broken ribs when taken to the hospital on August 20, 2015. He failed to appear for arraignment on Monday, October 19th and the Grand Jury Arrest Warrant remains outstanding. His arraignment is scheduled for Monday, October 26, 2015 at 2:30 in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Robert Baldwin – 15CR1750 (Robbery 1st Degree, Burglary 1st Degree, Assault in the 2nd Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, PFO 1st Degree)
- Mr. Baldwin (DOB 6/30/1979) is charged with the May 2nd home invasion at 7903 Wooded Ridge Drive. Mr. Baldwin, along with two unidentified co-defendants, entered the home of the victim, armed with a handgun. When Mr. Baldwin was confronted by the victim, a struggle ensued, whereby the victim was repeatedly attacked and suffered a laceration to his head. All three suspects eventually fled. Mr. Baldwin was located with the assistance of the LMPD canine unit approximately 3/10ths of a mile from the crime in a wooded area. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Tuesday, October 27, 2015, at 9:30 P.M. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nick Mudd and Cortney Hardin are the prosecutors.
Carlos Beauchamp, Jaquae Sanders, & Luretta Lynn Todd – 14CR1561 (Complicity to Murder- All; Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon- Beauchamp)
- Mr. Beauchamp (DOB 5/12/81), Mr. Sanders (DOB 9/21/93), and Ms. Todd (DOB 3/19/85) are charged in connection with the June 3, 2014, shooting death of Keith Lane in the 1100 block of South 8th Street. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled for Tuesday, October 27 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey and Stacy Grieve are the prosecutors.
Vincent Dooley – 15CR0588 (Murder, Trafficking in Marijuana While in Possession of a Firearm)
- Mr. Dooley (DOB: 1/24/1979) is charged with the February 18, 2015, murder of Mr. Thomas McKinney Jr. at 304 South Ewing Avenue, in the Clifton neighborhood. The defendant was also found to be allegedly trafficking in Marijuana while possessing a firearm at the time he was arrested. An immunity hearing on the defendant’s motion for immunity pursuant to KRS 503.085 was previously heard and denied by the Court. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Wednesday, October 28, 2015, at 9:30 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nick Mudd is the prosecutor.
Michael Amos Connard – 15CR1985 (Assault in the 2nd Degree, Assault in the 2nd Degree while wearing body armor, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon while wearing body armor (2 counts), Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree, Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree while wearing body armor, Impersonating a Peace Officer (2 counts))
- Mr. Connard (4/7/88) was indicted in connection with the June 22, 2015 assault on victim Donta Johnson. The defendant allegedly approached Mr. Johnson, and identified himself as a federal agent. He then pulled out a handgun and accused Mr. Johnson of damaging his car. During the offense, the defendant was wearing a badge around his neck. He then shoved Mr. Johnson into a fence and then onto the ground. The defendant then held a handgun to Mr. Johnson’s side until eventually fleeing. As a result of the assault, Mr. Johnson sustained an injury to his left temple. The defendant then fled on foot. A short time later, while wearing body armor, approached Mr. Jonathan Shelton and struck Mr. Shelton in the head with a handgun. During the assault, the defendant displayed a badge, identifying himself as a federal agent. The defendant then pointed a handgun at Mr. Shelton. The defendant then holstered the handgun, and produced a second handgun from his left pocket which he used to strike Mr. Shelton in the head, causing a severe laceration. A pre-trial conference is set for Thursday, October 29, 2015, at 9:30 a.m. Nick Mudd is the prosecutor.
Kenneth Leon Pope – 15CR1906 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by Convicted Felon, Tampering with Physical Evidence, and Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Pope (DOB 5/12/98) is charged with the July 4, 2015, shooting death of Mr. Tyron Jones in the 400 block of South 12th Street. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Thursday, October 29, 2015, at 9:30 a.m. in Division 4 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Michael A. Thornton – 15CR2660 (Burglary in the Second Degree [Two Counts], Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Two Counts], Assault in the Third Degree, Theft By Unlawful Taking Over $500 [Two Counts], Receiving Stolen Property Over $500 [Three Counts], Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree [Three Counts], Obscuring the Identity of a Machine Over $500, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, , Escape in the Second Degree, Possession of a Controlled Substance in the First Degree- Heroin, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Thornton (DOB 5/10/84) is charged with multiple offenses that occurred between December 15, 2014 and January 24, 2015. When officers found the defendant he was driving a stolen vehicle, fled from police, fought with officers, and had in his possession stolen property. A Status Hearing is scheduled for Thursday, October 29, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Tyrone Mack – 12CR0006, 12CR2032, (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Wanton Engenderment 1st Degree (2 counts))
- Mr. Tyrone Mack (DOB 08/06/1993) and Mr. Patrick Griffith (DOB 07/04/1994) are charged with the November 13, 2011, shooting where they allegedly fired shots into a car occupied by Mr. Stephen Bowan and two other individuals. Mr. Bowan died as a result of a gunshot wound to the back of his head. A hearing on the defendant’s statement redactions is scheduled for Thursday, October 29, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. (Mr. Griffith’s case has been severed and will be tried separately) Nick Mudd and Cortney Hardin are the prosecutors.
Shaheid Ditto – 14CR1400 (Murder, Burglary I, and PFO I)
- Mr. Ditto (DOB 2/27/81), is charged for May 19, 2014 shooting death of his estranged girlfriend, Crystal Parker. Trial is scheduled to begin Monday, October 26 at 9:30 am in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Christie Foster is the prosecutor.
Houston Lee Roberston Jr. – 14CR3329 (Possession of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor (Four Counts))
- Mr. Roberston (DOB 1/16/1970) pled guilty to the four counts on July 27, 2015 and agreed to a sentence of 5 years. His sentencing is scheduled for Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 9:45 in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Troy M. Martin – 15CR0469 (Distribution of Matter Portraying Sexual Performance by a Minor, 1st offense [2 counts], Possession of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor [20 counts])
- Mr. Martin (DOB 2/10/70), pled guilty to two counts of Distribution of Matter Portraying Sexual Performance by a Minor, 1stoffense and twenty counts of Possession of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor on September 2, 2015 and agreed to a total sentence of 6 years. Sentencing is scheduled for October 27, 2015 at 1:00pm in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Molly B. Stanley is the prosecutor.