From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: October 5 – October 9, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Prepared By: David A. Erhart, Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
Dale Hammond 15CR2596 (Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage in Sexual Or Other Prohibited Activities)
- Mr. Hammond (DOB 5/21/55), is alleged to have requested to engage in sexual activities with an Undercover Investigator online. Arraignment is scheduled for October 5, 2015 at 11:00am in Division Six of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Molly Stanley is the prosecutor.
Patrick Burage, Stephon Craig, Wallace Louis, Jr., Wallecia Louis, Brandon Rauh, Robin Toole, and Mario Vricic, 14CR2416 (Robbery in the First Degree [multiple counts])
- Messrs. Burage (DOB 9/3/92), Craig (DOB 8/15/86), Louis (DOB 11/19/87), Rauh (DOB 9/26/92), Vricic (DOB 9/30/93), Ms. Louis (DOB 4/14/89), and Ms. Toole (DOB 3/18/86), are charged in connection with multiple robberies of Radio Shack and Verizon Wireless stores between June 13, 2014, and September 5, 2014. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Tuesday, October 6, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. in Division One of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mrs. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey and Mrs. Cortney Hardin are the prosecutors.
Michael A. Thornton, 15CR1981 (Criminal Attempt Murder (Police Officer), Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Four Counts], Assault in the Third Degree, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, Receiving Stolen Property Over $500, Escape in the Second Degree, Theft By Failure to Make Required Disposition of Property over $500, Tampering with a Prisoner Monitoring Device, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Thornton (DOB 5/10/84) is charged with the April 2, 2015, Attempted Murder of Officer John Hagan that occurred near 225 N. Clifton Avenue, following his escape from the Home Incarceration Program. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Thursday, October 8, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Division Eleven of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mrs. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Leslee Wagner, 15CR0036 (Perjury and False Swearing)
- On January 9, 2014, Officer Leslee Wagner appeared before the Jefferson County Grand Jury and testified under oath about her arrest of Mr. Adam Hannahs. Ms. Wagner did not testify truthfully to the facts regarding her arrest of Mr. Adam Hannahs, and the Grand Jury indicted Mr. Hannahs on charges of Assault in the Third Degree, Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Arrest based off of this perjury. A trial is scheduled for Tuesday, October 6, 2015, at 8:30 a.m. in Division Nine of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Critt Cunningham and Ms. Emily Cecil are the prosecutors.
Jackie Neal, 14CR2357 (Robbery in the Second Degree [5 counts], Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the First Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Neal (DOB 1/28/72), was found guilty at a Jury trial on August 7, 2015, of committing multiple business robberies of Speedway Gas Stations during August 2014. Sentencing is scheduled for Monday, October 5, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Division One of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mrs. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.