From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: September 28 – October 2, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
The 2015 Kentucky Circuit Judge’s Judicial College is being held from Monday, September 28, 2015 through Wednesday, September 30, 2015. As a result, there will be no criminal proceedings in Jefferson Circuit Court on those days other than arraignments.
William James Albright, 15CR2519 (Murder and Assault in the First Degree)
- Mr. Albright (DOB 11/10/1984) is charged with the July 8, 2015 shooting death of Cameron Pearson and the wounding of his brother Kyle Pearson. The shootings took place in the parking lot of the mall located at 5410 Valley Station Road. His arraignment is scheduled for Monday, September 28, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. John Balliet is the prosecutor.
Kyle R. McCoy, 15CR2497 (Rape in the Third Degree, Sexual Abuse in the First Degree and Possession of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor.
- Mr. McCoy (DOB 4/2/1990), a teacher at Oldham County High School, is charged with having sexual relations during April 2015 with a 17 year old female, who was a student in one of his classes. His arraignment is scheduled for Monday, September 28, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Batey is the prosecutor.
Kalief A. Cummings, 15CR2303 (Assault in the First Degree [two counts])
- Mr. Cummings (DOB 12/11/69) is charged with stabbing two sisters who were in town for a bachelorette party. The incident occurred on August 23, 2015, near Second and Liberty Street. A pretrial conference is scheduled for October 1, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. in Division Thirteen of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Quincinio Canada and Dawan Mulazim, 14CR2064/15CR2029 (Robbery in the First Degree [two counts], Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Persistent Felony Offender I [all charges apply to both defendants])
- Mr. Canada (DOB 3/4/92) and Mr. Mulazim (8/14/83) are charged with robbing a Circle K employee and the man buffing the floors after-hours at the Circle K at 1000 Portland Avenue on July 25, 2014. Officer Ed Johnson was at the intersection of Portland Avenue and 22nd Street, and was able to follow the get-away vehicle, in which the defendants fled from Officer Johnson into Indiana where they were apprehended. The two defendants have also been charged with a series of robberies in Lexington, one of which resulted in a murder, all currently pending in Fayette County Circuit Court, and which took place in the weeks leading up to their apprehension on this Jefferson County case. A pretrial conference is scheduled for October 1, 2015, at 9:15 a.m. in Division Thirteen of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Gerry Lawson, 13CR1816 (Murder, Arson in the Second Degree, Arson in the Third Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Cruelty to Animals, Abuse of a Corpse, and Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Lawson (DOB 9/30/1959) is charged with the Murder of Vernice Aniton on March 3, 2013 at her home at 1221 Cypress Street. Defendant Lawson is accused of setting fire to Ms. Antiton’s residence after the murder. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Thursday September October 1, 2015 at 9:45 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Jeffrey T. Martin, 15-CR-2325 (Distribution of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance of a Minor (8 counts) and Possession of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor (20 counts)
- Mr. Martin will appear for a Pre-Trial Conference at 9:30 in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court on Friday, October 2nd. Kentucky State Police Detective W.A. Gatson with the Electronic Crimes Branch is the lead investigator. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Brandon A. Washington and Canon Harper, 15CR2253 (Criminal Attempt Murder [Two Counts], Complicity to Assault in the First Degree [two counts] Complicity to Robbery in the First Degree, Complicity to Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon [Washington Only], and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Messrs. Washington (DOB 5/15/95) and Harper (DOB 10/15/95) are charged with the above listed offenses for a robbery and shooting incident that occurred on May 23, 2015, at a residence located at 1922 Portland Avenue. As a result of the shooting, one of the victims has been restricted to the use of a wheelchair and the other suffered a significant leg injury. A pre-trial for Mr. Washington is scheduled for Thursday, October 1, 2015, at 9:30 a.m. in Division Ten of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Harper has been captured in Detroit, Michigan, and is set for extradition to Louisville, KY within the next ten days.
Heather Lovy, Sonny Tweedy and Tyler Tweedy 15CR1752 (Complicity to Burglary in the Second Degree (2 counts S. Tweedy and 2 counts S. Tweedy and T. Tweedy), Burglary in the Second Degree (1 count S. Tweedy), Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree (1 count T. Tweedy), and Receiving Stolen Property (1 count Lovy and 1 count S. Tweedy), Tampering with Physical Evidence (1 count Lovy and T. Tweedy), Facilitation to Burglary in the Second Degree (1 count Lovy) and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree (1 count S. Tweedy)).
- Father and son, Sonny Tweedy (DOB 5/2/1972) and Tyler Tweedy (DOB 11/12/1993) are charged in connection with multiple burglaries that occurred on Eastern Parkway, in Audubon Park, and the Highlands. Two children were hiding in an upstairs bathroom during the last burglary. The children called 911, and when the police arrived, Tyler Tweedy fled in a car, and Sonny Tweedy was apprehended after jumping out of a second floor window. Tyler’s girlfriend, Heather Lovy (DOB 1/29/1994) was found to be in possession of more than $500 worth of belongings stolen from the Tweedys’ victims. A pretrial conference is scheduled for October 1st at 9:00 a.m in Division 12. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
Kevin Franklin, 14CR1318 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, and Tampering With Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Franklin (DOB 7/31/1991) is charged for the March 10, 2014, shooting death of Nicholas Baker. Mr. Franklin is alleged to have shot Mr. Baker at the parking lot located at 12400 Parkfield Road. A Daubert Hearing is scheduled for Friday, October 2, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. in Division Thirteen. Mr. Nick Mudd is the prosecutor.
Kevin Michael Boyd and Thomas Edward Davidson, 13CR3242 (Complicity to Robbery in the First Degree [31 counts], Possession of a Handgun By a Convicted Felon [1 count for each], and Persistent Felony Offender In the First Degree [1 count for each].
- Messrs. Boyd (DOB 3/12/74) and Davidson (DOB 12/11/67) are charged with the string of fifteen (15) restaurant robberies that occurred between October 23, 2013 and December 2, 2013 in the Louisville area. They were arrested after being caught in the act of robbing at gunpoint the employees of the Denny’s Restaurant located at 4030 Dutchman’s Lane on December 2, 2013. Trial began Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in Division One of the Jefferson Circuit Court and is expected to continue through this week. Stacy Greive, David Erhart, and Josh Waldrop are the prosecutors.