From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: August 10 – August 14, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Prepared By: David A. Erhart, Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Michael Amos Connard, Jeffrey Zdunek, 15CR2091 (Complicity to Robbery in the First Degree (both), Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon (Connard), Complicity to Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree (both), Tampering with Physical Evidence (Zdunek), Complicity to Impersonating a Peace Officer (both))
- Messrs. Connard (DOB 4/7/88) and Zdunek (DOB 1/24/88) are charged with the June 2, 2015, robbery of Mr. Ousmane Ndaw. Both defendants, dressed up as plain clothes police officers with bullet proof vests, badges and handguns, approached the victim while he was sitting inside his car at Thurman Hutchins Park and identified themselves as police officers. When the victim questioned the defendants about the reason why he was being stopped, Defendant Connard hit the victim multiple times in his face resulting in physical injury. The defendants then took property belonging to the victim. The entire incident was captured on the victims dash car camera video. Arraignment is scheduled for Monday, August 10, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. in Division Two of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Nick Mudd is the prosecutor.
Willie Hutcherson 15CR2117 (Sodomy in the First Degree [two counts], Sex Abuse in the First Degree [six counts], Sex Abuse in the Second Degree [three counts], and Distribution of Obscene Matter to a Minor)
- Mr. Hutcherson (DOB 4/3/35), is charged with two counts of Sodomy in the First Degree, six counts of Sex Abuse in the First Degree, three counts of Sex Abuse in the Second Degree, and one count of Distribution of Obscene Matter to a Minor. Mr. Hutcherson is alleged to have sexually abused the victim, his granddaughter, from the ages of 6 to 14 years old. Arraignment is scheduled for August 10, 2015 at 2:00 pm in Division Ten of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Molly Stanley is the prosecutor.
Tyron Demon Morris, 15CR2093 (Assault in the First Degree [two counts])
- Mr. Morris (DOB 8/31/96) is charged with shooting Mr. Jerry Bronaugh, Sr. and Mr. Jerry Bronaugh, Jr., father and son, on June 8, 2015, outside a residence in the 400 block of South 20th Street. Mr. Bronaugh, Sr. was struck in the neck by a bullet and the injury caused thereby has deprived him of the ability to speak. The shooting arose from a confrontation about Mr. Bronaugh’s dog. Arraignment is scheduled to occur Monday, August 10, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Division Four of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Steve Blandford is the prosecutor.
Tyler L. Allen, 15CR1967 (Assault in the First Degree)
- Mr. Allen (DOB 9/14/90) is charged with the April 12, 2015, shooting of Mr. David Lamar Dolan, Jr. The shooting, which took place in the 100 block of Ottawa Avenue, resulted in Mr. Dolan being paralyzed from the chest down. Mr. Allen was dating Mr. Dolan’s sister and the shooting occurred following a verbal altercation between Mr. Dolan and Mr. Allen. Arraignment is scheduled for Monday, August 10, 2015, at 2:00 p.m. in Division Ten of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Jamal Woolridge is the prosecutor.
Antonio Polen, 15CR1826 (Assault in the First Degree, Criminal Attempt Murder, and Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon)
- Mr. Polen (DOB 1/3/86) is alleged to have shot Mr. Joe McGuire, multiple times with a handgun, on Saturday, June 27, 2015, at the Economy Inn hotel, located at the 3300 block of Bardstown Road. Mr. Polen was found to be in possession of the gun after the shooting, and the gun was confirmed to be stolen. Mr. Polen is a convicted felon, and as such is not permitted to own or possess any sort of firearm or handgun. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Tuesday, August 11, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Division Five of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Nick Mudd is the prosecutor.
Heather Lovy, Sonny Tweedy and Tyler Tweedy 15CR1752 (Sonny Tweedy: Complicity to Burglary in the Second Degree [two counts], Burglary in the Second Degree, Receiving Stolen Property, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree) (Tyler Tweedy: Complicity to Burglary in the Second Degree [two counts], Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, and Tampering with Physical Evidence) (Heather Lovy: Receiving Stolen Property, Tampering with Physical Evidence, and Facilitation to Burglary in the Second Degree
- Messrs. Sonny Tweedy (DOB 5/2/72) and Tyler Tweedy (DOB 11/12/93) are charged in connection with multiple burglaries that occurred on Eastern Parkway, in Audubon Park, and the Highlands. The pair, who are father and son, are alleged to have been burglarizing a residence when 911 was called. Mr. Tyler Tweedy fled the residence in a car and Mr. Sonny Tweedy was apprehended after jumping out of a second floor window. Mr. Tyler Tweedy’s girlfriend, Ms. Heather Lovy (DOB 1/29/94), was found to be in possession of more than $500 worth of belongings stolen from the Tweedys’ victims. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 12, 2015, at 9:00 a.m in Division Twelve of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Alex Gaddis is the prosecutor.
Jarrod Weiss and Lavonna Blount, 14CR2387 (Murder (Weiss) and Tampering with Physical Evidence (both))
- Mr. Weiss (DOB 1/10/82) is charged with the murder of Tanner Browning at the Creekside Apartments in St. Matthews on April 27, 2011. Mr. Weiss and Ms. Blount (DOB 3/29/79) are both charged with Tampering with Physical Evidence for allegedly hiding physical evidence from the murder on that same night. A suppression hearing is scheduled for Monday, August 10, 2015, at 10:30 a.m. in Division Three of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Messrs. Nick Mudd and Jeff Cooke are the prosecutors.
Vincent Dooley, 15CR0588 (Murder and Trafficking in Marijuana While in Possession of a Firearm)
- Mr. Dooley (DOB 1/24/79) is charged with the February 18, 2015, murder of Mr. Thomas McKinney Jr. at 304 South Ewing Avenue, in the Clifton neighborhood. It is further alleged that at the time Mr. Dooley was arrested he was trafficking in marijuana while in possession of a firearm. An immunity hearing on Mr. Dooley’s motion for immunity pursuant to KRS 503.085 is scheduled for Thursday, August 10, 2015, at 9:15 a.m. in Division Two of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Nick Mudd is the prosecutor.