From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: June 8 – June 12, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Prepared By: David A. Erhart, Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Charles L. Richardson, 15CR1542 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Tampering with Physical Evidence, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Richardson (DOB 5/2/83) is charged in connection with the May 31, 2011, stabbing death of Mr. Paul Cason at 1123 South Floyd Street. Arraignment is scheduled to occur Monday, June 8, 2015, at 9:30 a.m. in Division Three of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Erin McKenzie is the prosecutor.
Scott Quisenberry, 13CR2226 and 14CR1614 (Rape in the Second Degree, Rape in the Third Degree [two counts], and Sodomy in the Second Degree [four counts])
- Mr. Quisenberry (DOB 10/4/58) is charged with the above listed offenses due to his relationship with one of his former students from the time she was twelve years old until she was fifteen years old. A hearing is scheduled for Monday, June 8, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. in Division Seven of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Alicia Gomez and Mr. Mark Miller are the prosecutors.
Raymond Murrell, 14CR1091 (Murder, Burglary in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Murrell (DOB 6/9/80) is charged in connection with the April 11, 2014, beating death of Mr. Phillip Schulz at Packaging Unlimited, 1121 West Kentucky Street. A pretrial conference is scheduled for June 9, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. in Division Six of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Ryane Conroy is the prosecutor.
Devante Watts, 15CR1193 (Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree, Robbery in the First Degree [two counts], Burglary in the First Degree [two counts], and Possession of Controlled Substance in the First Degree)
- Mr. Watts (DOB 8/20/95) has been indicted for two separate burglaries that occurred on April 20, 2015, in the 4600 block of West Market Street. Mr. Watts is further charged with robbery, rape, and sodomy in connection with acts committed against the residents at those locations. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Monday, June 8, 2015, at 9:30 a.m. in Division Six of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Kenneth McDonald, 13CR2081 (Incest [four counts], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree, Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [four counts], and Distribution of Obscene Matter to Minors)
- Mr. McDonald (DOB 9/30/66) is charged for engaging in sexual intercourse with his biological daughter and subjecting her to sexual contact from the time she was eleven years old until she was sixteen years of age. A trial is scheduled for Monday, June 8, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. in Division Seven of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Alicia Gomez and Ms. Courtney Hardin are the prosecutors.