From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: June 29 – July 3, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Todd Byrd and Monica Mudd, 15CR1748 (Capital Murder, Kidnapping (Victim Death), Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the First Degree–Methamphetamine)
- Mr. Byrd (DOB 9/27/69) and Ms. Mudd (DOB 12/30/92) are charged with the murder and kidnapping of Ms. Meagan Hassler on June 17, 2015. This offense occurred in Jefferson County and Ms. Hassler’s body was found in Bullitt County on June 23, 2015. Arraignment is scheduled for Monday, June 29, at 2:30 p.m. in Division Eleven of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Ryane Conroy is the prosecutor.
Trice Alexander Whaley, 15CR1742 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Intimidating a Participant in the Legal Process, and Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Whaley (DOB 7/9/93) is charged with robbing and killing Mr. Brandon Bryant on June 11, 2015. Mr. Bryant’s body was found in an alley behind 3014 W. Chestnut Street. Arraignment occurred on Thursday, June 25, in Division Six of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Whaley remains in custody with a bond of $250,000. A pretrial conference has been scheduled for Monday, July 27, at 9:15 a.m. in Division Six of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Edward Raymond Baker, III and Danielle Elizabeth Boucher, 15CR1735 (Torture of a Dog with Serious Physical Injury or Death [Six Counts])
- Mr. Baker (DOB 3/22/93) and Ms. Boucher (DOB 5/29/89) are charged in connection with the deaths of five dogs and inflicting serious physical injury to another. Arraignment is scheduled for Monday, June 29, at 11:00 a.m. in Division Six of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Ryan W. Becker is the prosecutor.
Robert Baldwin, 15CR1750 (Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree, Assault in the Second Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Baldwin (DOB 6/30/79) is charged with the May 2, 2015, home invasion of the residence of Mr. Kevin Osting. During the home invasion Mr. Baldwin, along with two unidentified co-defendants, assaulted Mr. Osting. Arraignment is scheduled for Monday, June 29, at 3:30 p.m. in Division Thirteen of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Nick Mudd and Ms. Cortney Hardin are the prosecutors.
Ricky Lewis Kelly, 14CR2146 (Murder)
- Mr. Kelly (DOB 11/18/70) is charged with killing Mr. Lajuante Jackson in August of 2005. A hearing on Mr. Kelly’s motion to exclude the death penalty is scheduled for July 2, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Division Ten of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ms. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Mr. Nick Mudd are the prosecutors.
Jerard Garrett and Billy Richardson, 13CR0744 (Murder and Robbery in the First Degree)
- Messrs. Garrett (9/24/81) and Richardson (DOB 9/13/89) are charged with the December 23, 2012, shooting death of Mr. Kenneth Forbes, Jr. Mr. Forbes was killed while in a vehicle in the parking lot of the Beverage World located at 4048 Dixie Highway. A Daubert Hearing regarding ballistics testing in this case is scheduled for Thursday, July 2, at 9:30 a.m. in Division Two of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Messrs. Messrs. Nick Mudd and Steve Blandford are the prosecutors.
Jerard Garrett & Billy Richardson, 13CR0246 (Murder and Robbery in the First Degree — Garrett and Richardson; Wanton Endangerment and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree – Garrett)
- Messrs. Garrett (9/24/81) and Richardson (DOB 9/13/89) are charged with the December 29, 2012, shooting death of Jaime Young. A Daubert Hearing regarding ballistics testing in this case is scheduled for Thursday, July 2, at 9:30 a.m. in Division Two. Messrs. Nick Mudd and Steve Blandford are the prosecutors.